Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Why doesn't F4F make the most obviously demanded statues?

I own at least 9 F4F pieces. The company is fantastic and I've never had even 1 piece that wasn't nearly a carbon copy of the prototype so don't take this as me bashing them.

But given the licenses they have, why haven't we seen THE Mario, THE Luigi, THE Kirby, THE Link, THE Wario, etc? Why are they making Sword Kirby and Link on Loftwing before they make a definitive Kirby and a 1/4 scale Link? Neither are bad pieces but I don't think there was a clamor for either and certainly the demand for the former pieces are lower than the latter. Is it just some contractual issue?

Thoughts?
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Waiting on a Bowser myself.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Waiting on a Bowser myself.
Exactly, and that piece seems like such an obvious choice for a company with a Mario license. I don't get it.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I agree. I was totally surprised when they decided to make a Worms diorama. I love that game but have no desire for such a piece. Not to mention at that price point even the most hardcore Worms fans would likely pass. Kirby also puzzled me. Granted there are people who are into Kirby. I can't see the sales being very high. Skyward Sword is cool for what it is but a 1/4 Link is due.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Videogame characters, especially, have many viable iterations, but may have only one main, timeless "look". Since everyone is hungry for this "look", but the other choices are "acceptable", it means people will buy these up until the definitive version is released. If F4F released it first, they would lose sales on all subsequent versions.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Videogame characters, especially, have many viable iterations, but may have only one main, timeless "look". Since everyone is hungry for this "look", but the other choices are "acceptable", it means people will buy these up until the definitive version is released. If F4F released it first, they would lose sales on all subsequent versions.
I can understand that mentality to a degree, but think of all the immediate money they could make if they produced the timeless look now. It's hard for me to believe they are in that good of a financial position where they can delay massive and essentially guaranteed immediate paydays. If they announced a line and gave a general timeline I could totally understand it but I believe the company has held the Zelda and Mario licenses for years now and still nothing.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohrai_Fan View Post
I can understand that mentality to a degree, but think of all the immediate money they could make if they produced the timeless look now. It's hard for me to believe they are in that good of a financial position where they can delay massive and essentially guaranteed immediate paydays. If they announced a line and gave a general timeline I could totally understand it but I believe the company has held the Zelda and Mario licenses for years now and still nothing.
They made Ocarina of Time Link ages and ages ago! He IS the definitive Link. You want more? How about Link on Epona?
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
They made Ocarina of Time Link ages and ages ago! He IS the definitive Link. You want more? How about Link on Epona?
I've got all 3 OoT Link variants, dark link and link on epona plus 4-5 other pieces they've made. I'm not trying to whine or anything. I don't feel entitled to anything.

I started the thread because I was curious as to why a seemingly obvious business decision wasn't being made for my own edification.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
BurningRage
Inhumans

Just have patience. They'll be made.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Just have patience. They'll be made.
I have all the patience in the world. I hope they don't even consider these pieces until I've got my current POs paid off. It was more a question of why they would choose to make this decision and if some sort of outside force (i.e. contract issue) was preventing them from making those pieces.