Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #371
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
I love the three-dimensional lines in Colossus XM.

As I wrote a few pages ago, the determining factor in why I chose XM was precisely the fantastic and three-dimensional effect the muscles Of the Colossus. The fact that some details were compromised because of that is no problem.

Come with me.

The Colossus XM has no metallic lines on the face, well, neither does the SS. But, not completely convinced, you come and say: "The metallic effect on XM happens by muscle groups, so the face has several muscles. If they don't have the same three-dimensional effect, it is wrong".

Absolutely not.

As already refuted, the same logic could be applied to the SS, because, regardless of its three-dimensional effect or not, the skin of the SS has continuous lines. So why the hell don't those same continuous lines show on your face?

I will tell you why in two points.

First point.

The greatest commitment of the sculptors and designers of these wonderful masterpieces is to the universe of comics. And because it is fiction, it is impossible to maintain verisimilitude at all times. Banner's pants grow with the Hulk. Superman lifts hundreds of tons in mid-flight, using nothing as a lever. He moves above the speed of light and Batman still managed to hit him with a dart (What?).

Second point.

Another commitment of the creators of our loved heroes is manifested in the love of aesthetic beauty, typical of art.

We cannot forget that these heroes represent the fantastic imaginary ideal of a fictional universe. They are mythological and symmetrically perfect beings.

How does Red Sonja manage to keep those legs constantly shaved like a marble statue even without a laser hair removal clinic in the entire Hyborian Era? And how does BĂȘlit's hair manage to remain beautiful and silky if the only products she uses on them are drops of blood, sweat, dust and all the saltiness that the vast black sea can offer?

Perfect aesthetics is the answer. The aesthetics overlaps everything in the end. In the end, everything is art.
Great post by the way!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #372
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

XM Colossus came out great, colors look vibrant. I'm sure people will be happy with him. The cables still bug me, and kinda worries me the eye or light or whatever it is looks like it doesn't fit securely ? That's just me, but IMO you can be happy with either XM or SS, you have the extra cash and space, this will look cool next to SS Juggernaut.

Or you can go continue on debating between SS/XM Colossus to ad nauseam cause someone thinks your a sheep for liking something.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #373
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
XM Colossus came out great, colors look vibrant. I'm sure people will be happy with him. The cables still bug me, and kinda worries me the eye or light or whatever it is looks like it doesn't fit securely ? That's just me, but IMO you can be happy with either XM or SS, you have the extra cash and space, this will look cool next to SS Juggernaut.

Or you can go continue on debating between SS/XM Colossus to ad nauseam cause someone thinks your a sheep for liking something.
I was worried about that eye too. In the previous assembly video XM did a few months ago the guys putting it together had the same issue. Maybe it's just a bit tricky to secure, like you need to find the sweet spot?
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #374
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Great post by the way!
Thanks, bro.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #375
built2shred
Phoenix

Are you guys talking about showing tension to the cables in his hand? If it is a loose fit than a bit of earthquake putty should do the trick...

I know from pictures/videos from conventions that he's been shown with loose cables and tight cables, I think it's just a matter of how you put him together but will find out soon enough... can't wait to get mine
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #376
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Loose cables don't really pose a big problem to me.

However, if the design had foreseen the possibility of placing the cables coming out of the central part of the globe, attached to the center of the eye, instead of the sides, it would be easier to convey the idea that the cables would be taut because of the weight.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:44 AM   #377
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

So I've heard, he's shipping next week onward.

Can't wait to see those in-hand pics and video reviews.

I'll regret for not PO-ing him.. :/
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #378
Peedi
The Secret Six

This looks really good. No regrets I went with SS’s version, I prefer the simpler, closer to comics look over this busier costume. But can’t go wrong with this one either. I like the brighter red on the XM. If you have enough money for either, more power to you, everybody can’t afford these things.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #379
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I heard this is shipping soon as well. Looking forward to getting this in hand!
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:08 AM   #380
built2shred
Phoenix

Just paid for my shipping for Colossus... $360 although if I wanted to wait an extra 4-6 weeks I could have gone the slow boat way for $170... I'm just not patient enough
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote