Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxxTdon_554
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #62
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I have a feeling Hulk was probably won by a wealthy collector in Asia, some of the collection displays I've seen from there are just insane.

Oh that’s my collection! How you all find it? I put it on private.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #63
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

meh.. he seems to run that more like a business than a private collection... liking some of the European high-end private collections better..
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #64
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Some fantastic ones on both sides
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #65
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
People need to stop complaining. Perhaps there was a huge Hulk fan out there. One that had the money and convinced himself it was for a good cause. He might have even spent almost as much on a custom marble alcove to display it in.
When I made my statement, I wasn't complaining. People can spend their money however they choose to spend it.

All I was saying is that if these are the prices people are willing to pay for stuff like this then the rising prices of the every day statues shouldn't surprise anybody. Think about how many people buy these statues who spend $700 as if it's going to the gas station to get something to drink.

Having said that, I wonder how many of these people who have these massive collections can't name 30% of it blind.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #66
Oak
Fantastic Four

That’s damn amazing. Very classy setup.

I’m also surprised to hear people cancelling pre-orders of the Speeder Bike all those years ago. It is such an amazing statue in every respect. What were the reservations other than price?
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #67
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I have a feeling Hulk was probably won by a wealthy collector in Asia, some of the collection displays I've seen from there are just insane.

Imagine the size of the warehouse just for the brown shippers! I guess is he's that rich he can just trash away the boxes. Just donate if he changes his mind.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #68
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
That’s damn amazing. Very classy setup.

I’m also surprised to hear people cancelling pre-orders of the Speeder Bike all those years ago. It is such an amazing statue in every respect. What were the reservations other than price?
Main thing back then was the price definitely. Back then, PFs were in the high $200s thru low $300s price range. As others have said, this was in stock for a long time as it took me an eternity to finally pull the trigger on this piece. Up to that point, I had never spent that much on a collectible ever. I’m glad I pulled the trigger though. Only bad thing was this piece was the one that broke down my mental price barrier I told myself I would never cross. Rising prices for future statues didn’t really bother me anymore and that became bad for my wallet lol.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #69
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
The winning bidder has 0 feedback score.
That's not a good sign.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #70
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Hey guys. Just wanted to give a first hand update on the auction.

I won the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike PF. It's numbered 5/1500. I was told that this piece in particular was owned by Sideshow purely for archival purposes. Apparently Sideshow always keeps one or two of every piece they produce.

Although the auction was placed through Ebay, I was able to pay with my credit card outside of Ebay so I could earn purchase points. Fortunately I didn't have to pay any Paypal fees.

I was given my choice of shipping option and opted to go with DHL because it was about $70 cheaper than FedEx.

It arrived in great condition. The piece is absolutely mint with no damage or QC issues. Old School Sideshow for sure!

As an added bonus, I was given a nice certificate of authenticity which Sideshow only does for auctions like this.

I'm so stoked to own this piece. It's honestly my favorite Star Wars collectible and probably the best Star Wars PF ever made.

GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote