Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
risingstar
Jedi Order

Do you guys ever change your mind as to what is your favorite piece of artwork?

I was looking at my artwork this morning (i.e., most of it is framed and displayed in my office and living room area) and I suddenly found myself having a new appreciation for one of them (i.e., the Steve Rude cover recreation of FF #49). This might sound bizarre, but I find that I often appreciate artwork more with time, especially with commissions.

I imagine we all have our favorite pieces which might sometimes overshadow some of our other pieces but every once in a while, at least for me, I think some of those other pieces take a turn being center stage.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Can't say that I do. Probably because I don't think I ever truly have a favorite piece of art. I do find that certain pieces become more appreciated over time. So, to your point, I have experienced this as well.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

I probably debate which is my least favorite more than my favorite
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

My favorites have changed over the years. At one time it was hands down the cover to Silver Surfer 76 by Ron Lim. As I kept adding new pieces my favorite changed. The Dell'Otto Silver Surfer cover, Carlos Pagulayan Hulk DPS and Marko Djurdjevic's Thor Cover have all been my favorites at one time or another.

My current favorite piece which should be no surprise to most of you is the Joker splash by Lee Bermejo. It's one of those iconic pieces that even after 9 years of owning it, I still have a hard time believing it's mine. I don't see any piece replacing it as my favorite especially with current prices being what they are.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
My favorites have changed over the years. At one time it was hands down the cover to Silver Surfer 76 by Ron Lim. As I kept adding new pieces my favorite changed. The Dell'Otto Silver Surfer cover, Carlos Pagulayan Hulk DPS and Marko Djurdjevic's Thor Cover have all been my favorites at one time or another.

My current favorite piece which should be no surprise to most of you is the Joker splash by Lee Bermejo. It's one of those iconic pieces that even after 9 years of owning it, I still have a hard time believing it's mine. I don't see any piece replacing it as my favorite especially with current prices being what they are.

I feel that way about the Dell'Otto Dr. Strange. After years of pining for it, I couldn't believe I finally got it. I actually get more purchase inquiries for that one than everything else I own combined, which is odd considering this piece was originally part of a European gallery exclusive litho set and not a published cover.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

The Joker splash is also my most inquired about piece. The more people try and buy it from me the more I want to keep it. lol

I'm sure you feel the same way about your Dr. Strange painting.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i would like to inquire about the joker piece.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

get in line and bring a big, blank check

CAF
Old 08-28-2017, 07:05 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
The Joker splash is also my most inquired about piece. The more people try and buy it from me the more I want to keep it. lol

I'm sure you feel the same way about your Dr. Strange painting.
The only difference, perhaps, is that you didn't risk getting slapped with a harassment suit from the owner of the Joker page for being relentless in the pursuit of it... lol. To be fair though, there was some luck attached to it as I had finally contacted him at a time he needed cash to buy some other artwork, which is often how it goes. Thankfully, I had the cash on-hand otherwise I may have lost my shot at it.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #10
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
The only difference, perhaps, is that you didn't risk getting slapped with a harassment suit from the owner of the Joker page for being relentless in the pursuit of it... lol. To be fair though, there was some luck attached to it as I had finally contacted him at a time he needed cash to buy some other artwork, which is often how it goes. Thankfully, I had the cash on-hand otherwise I may have lost my shot at it.
Really, yikes!

CAF