Old 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #71
clutch
Sailor Moon

We should create MAAA.

Mamegyorai Alien Addicts Anonymous.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #72
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I saw that and had a chuckle. I've given up trying to work those guys out, I think they genuinely don't want the business sometimes....
That’s not even the funny part, that has to be the fact that someone bought it as it’s sold out on the site.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #73
Max Shreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
We should create MAAA.

Mamegyorai Alien Addicts Anonymous.
Haha! Approved!
Old 01-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #74
Max Shreck

Sorry for to bump the thread but I'm still shaking for this piece. I think it looks universes better than the CP Big Chap. I understand that one being the museum item, and I certainly love the case that out comes with (hell I wish this one had one) but I just love this piece! The pose, the sculpt, the paint job. Mark my words, this is going to be the most authentic Alien out there.

Thanks for the update Matt. Did you pull the trigger on this or went for the CP one?
Old 01-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #75
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
Sorry for to bump the thread but I'm still shaking for this piece. I think it looks universes better than the CP Big Chap. I understand that one being the museum item, and I certainly love the case that out comes with (hell I wish this one had one) but I just love this piece! The pose, the sculpt, the paint job. Mark my words, this is going to be the most authentic Alien out there.

Thanks for the update Matt. Did you pull the trigger on this or went for the CP one?

I'm on the wait list for the CP maquette. But I'm still not sure if I'll let it convert. To be honest, I love this Mamegyorai version, I would choose it but I'm not sure I can afford it currently. It's a bad time for this kind of stuff as I'm combining lost hours at work with an increase in need to spend money on the house. I may have to pass on both and hope I'm in a better position when the Prime 1 version comes along.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #76
Max Shreck

Fair enough. I totally understand of course, I wish I was spending money on my own house!
Yeah, as we discussed it before it is not a little to shovel out for a statue, I'll probably wait for the pictures and if it comes out close to what we've seen I'm getting it so fast it will smoke. I need this. I was waiting for THE Alien statue and I did not love any of them yet. This.. I love.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #77
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Hi All

I too love this piece, started enquiring about it within days of the proto being shown but look at the size of it in this image, it's pretty small. Just wished it was a bit bigger to be honest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	alien_02.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	119871
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #78
Max Shreck

Hey bud, thanks for the photo. You are joking though right? If not then I apologise. That's a 1/3 scale beast right there. It's not stating straight granted, but to me it looks huge. Looks gorgeous. I know I need this. Oh God have mercy on me.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #79
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
Hey bud, thanks for the photo. You are joking though right? If not then I apologise. That's a 1/3 scale beast right there. It's not stating straight granted, but to me it looks huge. Looks gorgeous. I know I need this. Oh God have mercy on me.
I think i'm just getting tight as i get older, i like value for money, lol!

It is a great piece, i've been drooling since the day i see it but into the UK its about £2100, that's a lot of dough to pay out for just one piece, hence why i'm still calculating my budget for this and tapping me fingers
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #80
Max Shreck

Listen Alien, I totally get it. I'm in the UK as well. And money, is hard to come by (I'm a freelance illustrator) but it happens to me so rarely that I got so excited about a piece. Alien (and Predator) is one of my fave creatures of the silver screen, and this one...well, let's just say this really does it for me. If I can, I'll get it. I don't even know if I can, but I'll do my utmost. If the production piece comes out like the proto I'll jump on this like a hungry seagull on the leftover avocado!