Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-02-2018, 11:57 PM   #21
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Star Wars OT will never die. It’s the only Star Wars IP that sells. Nobody is asking for a Premium Format Snoak or a Hot Toys Rose. Yet the OT stuff still sells. Probably has to do with us older folks who more disposable income. Plus the OT has the least issues of the three trilogies. Plus it defines the visual language of Star Wars that the other movies have had a hard time replicating.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #22
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Star Wars OT will never die. It’s the only Star Wars IP that sells. Nobody is asking for a Premium Format Snoak or a Hot Toys Rose. Yet the OT stuff still sells. Probably has to do with us older folks who more disposable income. Plus the OT has the least issues of the three trilogies. Plus it defines the visual language of Star Wars that the other movies have had a hard time replicating.
Agreed that the OT is unrivalled to fans. The question is more so whether we will see peripheral characters from the OT as production companies have new priorities.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:00 AM   #23
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I liked Luke's arc, I just wish they hadn't killed Snoke - he was shaping up to be such a great villain.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #24
SONICobra
Batman

i dont think its a question of OT characters not being pursued but more so if people would spend current rates for lower tier characters. how many people are going to put down $650 for a general ackbar pf?

personally id like to see them look into doing some clone wars characters, i still cant believe they havent done a young kenobi yet
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #25
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dont think its a question of OT characters not being pursued but more so if people would spend current rates for lower tier characters. how many people are going to put down $650 for a general ackbar pf?

personally id like to see them look into doing some clone wars characters, i still cant believe they havent done a young kenobi yet
If done right with a tight ES I would absolutely put down for a second tier character. People shell out for COTD which are essentially non-characters!

Greedo, leaning against the cantina wall. Hand out holding a order 66-like holo projection for Hans bounty. Other hand holding his blaster. He is looking off to the left in the distance at his bounty who just started a conversation with some unknown travellers.

Emperor Palpatine. You will pay the price for your lack of vision moment. Just capture that exact moment.

Gamorrean. Just give me a 1/4 Lomrokk.

Tie pilot, holding out blaster like the art fx model. The game should have prompted this character to happen.

Bossk. Slicing the pelt from a dead Wookie.

Oola dancing.

Yoda in meditation.

Bouschh. No brainer ex of Leia.

Finally, a Jaba palace fully robed Luke. One hand out doing the choke move. All I want.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:35 AM   #26
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Kathleen Kennedy has true fans hibernating until one day we can see the light. Today is Marvel and sorta DC's time to shine. But I like Star Wars too....

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:05 AM   #27
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
If done right with a tight ES I would absolutely put down for a second tier character. People shell out for COTD which are essentially non-characters!

Greedo, leaning against the cantina wall. Hand out holding a order 66-like holo projection for Hans bounty. Other hand holding his blaster. He is looking off to the left in the distance at his bounty who just started a conversation with some unknown travellers.

Emperor Palpatine. You will pay the price for your lack of vision moment. Just capture that exact moment.

Gamorrean. Just give me a 1/4 Lomrokk.

Tie pilot, holding out blaster like the art fx model. The game should have prompted this character to happen.

Bossk. Slicing the pelt from a dead Wookie.

Oola dancing.

Yoda in meditation.

Bouschh. No brainer ex of Leia.

Finally, a Jaba palace fully robed Luke. One hand out doing the choke move. All I want.

Boussh with switch out unmasked portrait is top of my OT list, also would love an Admiral Ackbar in his ROTJ white uniform, sitting in his command chair from the battle over Endor.
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #28
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Yeah, second or third tier characters just standing there doesn't cut it anymore. It needs to tell a story with the character interacting with something on the base.

No more Captain Morgan or OG Iron Man Comiquette poses.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #29
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltjar View Post
TFA already did that for me. The Feminist version of ANH.. thanks, but no thanks.

TLJ just validated that, in abundance! Bringing back the heroes of the OT just to show them as disillusioned losers or comical stooges and then kill them off!

After the XM Boba, the efx Falcon was my last Star Wars Purchase, for the time being.

Unless someone capable is at the helm of Lucas Arts again - someone who understands the franchise and the fans,
someone who puts lore and good storytelling in front of gender agendas and quotas, the whole franchise (not just the OT) remains dead to me.

Sorry for getting off topic here, but since the day i watched the premiere of Star Wars in 1978, i always considered myself a die hard SW Fan!
These new movies are an abomination, disrespecting everything the OG trilogy stood for (along with the intelligence of its audience), sacrificing
the mythos and its mystical aspects for cheap laughs. It just makes me sad and angry...

To answer the question of the TO: Yes, imo the OT is dead (as is the whole franchise), because Kathleen Kennedy/Disney did everything in their power to kill it.. literally!
Not offtopic at all. I grew up on the VHS tapes. I think it started going downhill halfway through ROTJ. And the PT as bad as it was, it had some good moments, and most importantly it was fully funded by GL's F-U money without having to answer to anyone.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #30
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

im a star wars fan.. and since ever.. I was always more intrigued to have a collectible by the sides characters of the star wars universe.. mainly because they just look more interesting..

If I only go into the cantina.. or jabba's palace.. there are really cool aliens I would love as a statue!
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote