Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-21-2024, 05:02 AM   #21
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In the end, we couldn't remove the legs from the base, so the buyer just had his girlfriend rest it on her lap for the journey home. It's a 5 hour drive...Hope she's not too uncomfortable.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:09 AM   #22
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrcan View Post
In the end, we couldn't remove the legs from the base, so the buyer just had his girlfriend rest it on her lap for the journey home. It's a 5 hour drive...Hope she's not too uncomfortable.
Well, I mean, if it were a John-Rhys Davies statue, I could imagine it being rather annoying, but I'm sure most women wouldn't mind having Viggo on her lap for that long.

Glad you managed to work it out in the end. Sorta.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 09:23 PM   #23
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrcan View Post
that's crazy. Did you have to refund some of the money for the deal? For similar type reasons, I always put the statue in the styrofoam and inspect it again prior to anyone driving over to pick up a statue. Lesson learned on both sides I suppose.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 08:50 PM   #24
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
that's crazy. Did you have to refund some of the money for the deal? For similar type reasons, I always put the statue in the styrofoam and inspect it again prior to anyone driving over to pick up a statue. Lesson learned on both sides I suppose.
Unfortunately, I couldn't offer a discount as it was already a very good deal; low enough that I regretted agreeing to it at all, to be honest. Checking that everything could be taken apart before striking would have definitely been the most sensible thing, it just didn't occur to me that these could become stuck over time. You live and learn. I honestly believe I would have torn his leg off to get them to separate!
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote