Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #1301
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamactius View Post
It's the big issue that ARH has. They keep pumping out the same generic half-naked girls over and over again.
The issue is that they are not producing statues that they said would be delivered months ago. The issue is that they change statues after they are paid for and force customers to accept them or take store credit. The issue is that Arahom fails to deliver on every promise he has publically made.

The issue is that they have lost the trust of a lot of their customers. It doesn't matter what type of statues they try and sell... those issues trump everything.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #1302
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
The issue is that they are not producing statues that they said would be delivered months ago. The issue is that they change statues after they are paid for and force customers to accept them or take store credit. The issue is that Arahom fails to deliver on every promise he has publically made.

The issue is that they have lost the trust of a lot of their customers. It doesn't matter what type of statues they try and sell... those issues trump everything.
Quite you whining, get your money back, and stop buying their products. I'm sure there are plenty of other things you can perv out on.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #1303
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged88988 View Post
Yes, back foot. Initial response was, "the back leg of the Poseidon may have been warped".

If this is a constant issue, this may be an indication of poor quality control.
Use a hairdryer. Don't put it too close, or you'll mess up the paint.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #1304
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I already started to sell my stuff.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #1305
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
I already started to sell my stuff.
What do you have that you are trying to sell and what do you want for it? PM me if you don't want to show it in public forum.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #1306
ged88988
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamactius View Post
Use a hairdryer. Don't put it too close, or you'll mess up the paint.
1) Would not want to risk it since I do not have the skills to repair.

2) After paying for over $730 for a statue, and waiting patiently for over a year, customers should not be expected to do this. The least that the company should have assured is quality.

3) Received a reply from ARH, tone seems dismissive, tells me (albeit politely) to go ahead and file a paypal claim if I want to. Hope they know that paypal only gives you 180 days from point of purchase. If ARH knows and still gives the suggestion, what does that tell you of the company?

Sad to see a company that had an impressive display at NYCC 2015 not deliver on their commitments, more so with not being able to back up the quality of their work and own up to their shortcomings.

Does ARH have a business manager and a QC manager?
ged88988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #1307
The13thWarlock

Yes. To both questions. Arahom is the business manager. And Quality Control is run by some guy in China at doesn't communicate with the Business Manager stateside. The stateside quality control person is Arahom. But since the Valkyrie debacle where he let painted parts get glued together they are replacing him. The new Quality Control person is going to be Arahom.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #1308
ged88988
Doh!

And therein lies part of the problem. An artist, who is supposed to set the vision and tone of a company such as this studio, cannot expect to sustain quality and demand if the person fills most of the crucial roles.

Isn't that why limited editions include artist proofs? The artist personally checks the APs (ideally) to determine the acceptable range of variances. This alone is a full time job if you include the person concurrently creating art and managing the output of other artists. Another person then assures the quality of production, and another person handles the business operations for logistics, timely delivery, and budget control to ensure that the business is running at a profit.

All three (3) roles rolled into one person is simply too much.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #1309
The13thWarlock

He cuts foam too.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #1310
ged88988
Doh!