Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #11
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
It?s really boring, but, since everyone has a boner for DC, I?ve accepted that it will never change.

Just look forward to the next product, save your energy. If it sits in their warehouses, then they?ll have to deal with the problem.
Very true. I think my biggest issue, is the (relatively) limited number of figures these companies put out each year, not even factoring in the wait times....right now, I've got nothing on pre-order (except Arwen) - meaning I'm not going to be unboxing anything until (potentially) Q3 2025 - depending on what's released in the next few months - so realistically, probably nothing this side of 2026....

So when those valuable slots are taken up with "rinse & repeat" - it just sets me off.

But, you're right....I gotta let it be, at least the people who want something like this can be happy
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 12:37 AM   #12
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Yup... another Bale Batman.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 12:53 AM   #13
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Because it sells.

Though I won't be getting this, I still have both busts on preorder.

And I also have representations of the character in 1/6, 1/4, and 1/3 scale. And I also at one stage thought about getting the 1/2 scale too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 07:03 AM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
You have to make what people want to buy. If every piece is some hipster artist nobody really cares about, and you massively fail on your likeness of Arwen you won't be in business for long if you can't make a profit somewhere else. Batman pays the bills, as they say.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 07:07 AM   #15
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Because it sells.

Though I won't be getting this, I still have both busts on preorder.

And I also have representations of the character in 1/6, 1/4, and 1/3 scale. And I also at one stage thought about getting the 1/2 scale too.
Not getting the Queen 1:1 full figure? Still considering getting that myself. I had planned on getting the Queen 1/2 after not liking the P1 1/2 attempt, but they seem to have scrapped it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 07:53 AM   #16
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You have to make what people want to buy. If every piece is some hipster artist nobody really cares about, and you massively fail on your likeness of Arwen you won't be in business for long if you can't make a profit somewhere else. Batman pays the bills, as they say.
Arwen aside, the Hipster artist was JND going to the other extreme, in my opinion. I'd advocate for a more reasonable middle way, they should stick with D.C., and maybe even continue to try to get the MCU license....but once they've hit the cash cow characters, at least cycle in some of the other popular characters....they don't even need to focus on Live Action characters.....like they did with Whitebeard, they could take some of the characters we've only seen in the comics, but give them the hyper real treatment.....I'm pretty sure they'd sell well, and may even justify the obscene pricing as collectors would truly be buying something "novel".

If JND interprets the internet groan that they're making another Batman, as some silent plea from collectors to make something like Basquiat - those guys need to give up now.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 08:07 AM   #17
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Not getting the Queen 1:1 full figure? Still considering getting that myself. I had planned on getting the Queen 1/2 after not liking the P1 1/2 attempt, but they seem to have scrapped it.
Nope. Don't have the space..... for the boxes!

I'm pretty sure I'll never go for pieces that large, because I know once I start, I'll never stop.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 11:25 AM   #18
Mister H
Gen 13

No thanks.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 01:35 PM   #19
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
The same Batman still sitting in stock for every statue company, yep.

Also, not wanting another Bale Batman does not equate to wanting niche hipster artists, you know that.

The bright side for people not interested - it's 1/6 scale, meaning it's not taking away a slot from the real meat of JND - 1/3 scales.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 02:53 PM   #20
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's hard to get excited when one has seen the same character being done in all sizes and formats by every manufacturer out there over and over again for years.

I suppose this is just a project for JND to challenge themselves in producing a superior product than their competitors, a way to show that they are an industry-leading company.

I doubt if they care much at all whether this piece will sell well or not. They have this "build it and they will come" mentality, it seems.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote