Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #101
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
But the count for a truly highly accurate, museum quality Robocop statue is zero...please push it, Paul. Day one PO here and I'm definitely not the only one. Rob Bottin's work deserve a full line of museum quality Robo pieces.
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #102
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We have the rights for 1:1 Conan....
Well what are you waiting on my man?!?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:57 PM   #103
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Debating Paul about the Robocop saturation is a losing battle, for the record. Maybe the ED209 deal made him sour with hot toys offering for a far cheaper price. I don't know. But I gauge saturation based on the secondary market because there's certainly nothing you can buy of Robocop right now from any high end collectibles company anywhere in the 1/4 scale or higher. I think CC's upcoming 1/2 bust is it. There's plenty of a lolrobocop 3 piece from Enterbay on eBay, and that's it. But that's our side. It's his money on the line. I might be wanting to make damn sure what I produced sold enough units to make it worth the effort, too.

What we need is someone who will take that chance with a "premium" format of Robo. PCS sort of did that and what they produced is really nice with the ideal pose imo but it's over and done with now. It's an excellent placeholder piece but that's all it is, a placeholder for the 1/4 grail when/if someone produces it. Also the professionals who worked on the Robocop movies who could team up with collectible producers aren't getting any younger so it's not like we have a 50 year window of opportunity here starting in 2016 for any scaled Robo statues...

But for right now what we have on the table this second Robocop wise is a 1/2 bust by CC. One piece at a time and back to the waiting game afterwards...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:53 AM   #104
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Too bad people are never satisfied.
Indeed, but if they were, they would stop buying
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #105
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We have the rights for 1:1 Conan....
I would really like to see a 1:1 King Conan bust

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #106
jaxon
The Herculoids

1:1 scale is where it's at! "Anything Else, Is Just a Toy"

No one has done a 1:1 battle damaged Robocop bust in translucent resin with a removable helmet.
jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #107
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Debating Paul about the Robocop saturation is a losing battle, for the record. Maybe the ED209 deal made him sour with hot toys offering for a far cheaper price. I don't know. But I gauge saturation based on the secondary market because there's certainly nothing you can buy of Robocop right now from any high end collectibles company anywhere in the 1/4 scale or higher. I think CC's upcoming 1/2 bust is it. There's plenty of a lolrobocop 3 piece from Enterbay on eBay, and that's it. But that's our side. It's his money on the line. I might be wanting to make damn sure what I produced sold enough units to make it worth the effort, too.

What we need is someone who will take that chance with a "premium" format of Robo. PCS sort of did that and what they produced is really nice with the ideal pose imo but it's over and done with now. It's an excellent placeholder piece but that's all it is, a placeholder for the 1/4 grail when/if someone produces it. Also the professionals who worked on the Robocop movies who could team up with collectible producers aren't getting any younger so it's not like we have a 50 year window of opportunity here starting in 2016 for any scaled Robo statues...

But for right now what we have on the table this second Robocop wise is a 1/2 bust by CC. One piece at a time and back to the waiting game afterwards...
I was about say, where is the saturation? I sure as hell don't see it.

This reminds me of when CC felt the Stargate Anubis piece wasn't selling well, so they thought about not producing Horus or Ra. Collectors spoke with their wallets and now both Anubis/Horus are now sold out.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #108
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
1:1 scale is where it's at! "Anything Else, Is Just a Toy"

This is subjective, I like 1:1 for sure, but I simply don't have the space for them all, never mind the money. Go and look at Sideshows new 1:2 Wolf Predator bust, it is superior to the 1:1 version they did. I'm sure Chronicle will do great things with the scale also (and already have with the Arnie bust) I prefer 1:2 when done right as I can actually buy and appreciate them.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #109
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

Excellent post, really agree with you there
As long as they keep the robocop licence
Makes sense ,eventually we will get a robocop statue ,
We've had lots of toys but statues only 2 in last ten
Years...and nothing from part 2 or
Any sort of battle damaged version..
Paul if your reading this , produce one
And you will see if it sells out or not!!
And yes the pcs piece is great,but I want one from
Cc!!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #110
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Excellent post, really agree with you there
As long as they keep the robocop licence
Makes sense ,eventually we will get a robocop statue ,
We've had lots of toys but statues only 2 in last ten
Years...and nothing from part 2 or
Any sort of battle damaged version..
Paul if your reading this , produce one
And you will see if it sells out or not!!
And yes the pcs piece is great,but I want one from
Cc!!
With the 10-month payment plan. Surely it will sell out.

That's one of the things I love about Chronicle that ECC/Cinemaquette have yet to adopt.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote