Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
If it's a female, how about 'Seven of Nine'

Oh and, . . . . Labradoodle's rock
originally we were set to get a Bouvier but my wife decided that the breed was too big for her (even though the females are maybe only 10lbs heavier than a standard size Lab. The Bouviers are just built more muscular so it gives them a larger presence

anyways, my aunt and uncle have a Labradoodle and its an awesome breed. Can't go wrong with it

Aunt/Uncles dog:
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #22
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Dune.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
johnclone
The Enchantress

Zod.

Kneel and pick up Zod's poop
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #24
Nitefall

Supeman
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #25
PureInvasion

puppy was born early this morning according to the breeder. Will be coming home on November 21st give or take (roughly 8 weeks).

Name is still up in the air but will have to decided in 2 weeks time so the breeder starts to get the puppy used to its name
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
puppy was born early this morning according to the breeder. Will be coming home on November 21st give or take (roughly 8 weeks).

Name is still up in the air but will have to decided in 2 weeks time so the breeder starts to get the puppy used to its name
LOL. The puppies ears have barely opened at 2 weeks. We've raised 10 litters of goldens and maybe at 7 to 8 weeks they may make some relation to name but doubt it. What I would recommend is taking an old towel to have the breeder keep in the whelping box (or whatever the breeder keeps the litter in). It should be washed occasionally but when you leave with the new puppy it will have the scent of the litter and should help the new puppy adjust to new surroundings.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
LOL. The puppies ears have barely opened at 2 weeks. We've raised 10 litters of goldens and maybe at 7 to 8 weeks they may make some relation to name but doubt it. What I would recommend is taking an old towel to have the breeder keep in the whelping box (or whatever the breeder keeps the litter in). It should be washed occasionally but when you leave with the new puppy it will have the scent of the litter and should help the new puppy adjust to new surroundings.

True enough. The dog won't make the correlation with their name that early. They still asked for the name so maybe its just for their personal knowledge??

Anyways, they said they would be providing a few supplies at the time we pick it up including a towel (as you mentioned) and a few toys that have been used regularly
Old 09-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #28
Nitefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post

Upintheair?? Isn't that a little silly even for a dogs handle. How about Wecouldn'tthinkofone....or something?? I mean, if you're going to make it long at least give it a little meaning.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
Nitefall

WOW! What amazing looking guys. How could anything so incredibly cute also give the appearance of being so wise?? Makes me think more than anything else that God is a dog.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
Royd
Producer
Producer

Just my opinion but I like the short/sharp names suggested like Chewie, Clark, Kato etc. as it's easier when calling your canine buddy

When we named our rescue dog (from the RSPCA) I did think about naming him Scott (Scott and Alex Summers) but my wife won by naming him Bear which really suits him. Most people seem to think he's a Dingo -

This is a photo of him today in a Fremantle Dockers scarf because it's the Aussie Rules football Grand Final today and our team is in the GF - woohoo!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote