Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Really looking forward to this one, too. I've already cleared a space for her on my shelf.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow!

I just saw more pictures of this statue.

Bowen takes the gold metal.

This is the best X-23 Statue.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
The Fog II
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Comic Series just got Cancelled, but this FS look's Great, as well as the UnCanny X-Force Version............
The Fog II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
redhulk27
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

This is going to be an impossible statue to get for retail at this point, ebay sales are already starting to hit the insane 350 to 400 range and these havent been released yet. I hope all who's getting this got it for retail price. Luckily i was able to get the last pre-order in at the bbts.com last month. Can't wait
redhulk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #15
dechirico7
The Flash

[QUOTE=komodo112;4223424]Wow!

This is the best X-23 Statue.[/QUOTE
If she comes out looking like the proto pics, she will be a gold-metal piece. I wouldn't give it to Bowen though, but Tim who sculpted her. He did a great job. Probably the best female Bowen piece to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fog II View Post
Comic Series just got Cancelled, but this FS look's Great, as well as the UnCanny X-Force Version............
She isn't part of the Uncanny X-Force, just the original X-Force team with Wolverine etc. She is currently in the Venom series, which is kind of cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhulk27 View Post
This is going to be an impossible statue to get for retail at this point, ebay sales are already starting to hit the insane 350 to 400 range and these havent been released yet. I hope all who's getting this got it for retail price. Luckily i was able to get the last pre-order in at the bbts.com last month. Can't wait
I pre-ordered her directly from Bowen, since it was supposedly a "website exclusive." Not sure how BBTS got them. I am going to assume they ordered some for themselves and decided to put them up for sale on their site.

I am hoping she comes out nice like Jocasta, Spider-Woman and Polaris. Not horrible like Mystique or Tigra. I have my fingers crossed. If she comes out bad, I am cancelling all my Bowen pre-orders.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #16
redhulk27

[QUOTE=dechirico7;4224492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Wow!

This is the best X-23 Statue.[/QUOTE
If she comes out looking like the proto pics, she will be a gold-metal piece. I wouldn't give it to Bowen though, but Tim who sculpted her. He did a great job. Probably the best female Bowen piece to date.

She isn't part of the Uncanny X-Force, just the original X-Force team with Wolverine etc. She is currently in the Venom series, which is kind of cool.

I pre-ordered her directly from Bowen, since it was supposedly a "website exclusive." Not sure how BBTS got them. I am going to assume they ordered some for themselves and decided to put them up for sale on their site.

I am hoping she comes out nice like Jocasta, Spider-Woman and Polaris. Not horrible like Mystique or Tigra. I have my fingers crossed. If she comes out bad, I am cancelling all my Bowen pre-orders.
Yeah they usually do, I think they usually order a case or whatever, dont really know how it works. Beenwaiting for an X-23 since I missed the ss one. Didnt really care for the Koto one. Im also hoping for this statue to look good dont' really have any bowens so Im hoping this will change my mind. Also love your Avatar pic of X-23 bought the same poster when they had comic con here in Albuquerque a few months ago.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Yeah they usually do, I think they usually order a case or whatever, dont really know how it works. Beenwaiting for an X-23 since I missed the ss one. Didnt really care for the Koto one. Im also hoping for this statue to look good dont' really have any bowens so Im hoping this will change my mind. Also love your Avatar pic of X-23 bought the same poster when they had comic con here in Albuquerque a few months ago.
I've become an X-23 spazz, lol. I have the Exclusive SS comiquette. I actually bought her before I even knew who she was. I didn't acquaint myself with X-23 until a few months ago when I started reading the X-Force series. I thought she was actually kind of lame, just a female version of Wolverine. But after reading that series I really grew to like her. I've decided to do a X-23 themed display. I'll have the comiquette, Bishoujo, and the two Bowen versions. I also just bought two of her TPBs and some comics. I still like her character the most in the X-Force series. She was depicted a tad older, which I liked. I also don't care for the Kotobukiya statue, it looks like she has butter knives on her hands.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
redhulk27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I've become an X-23 spazz, lol. I have the Exclusive SS comiquette. I actually bought her before I even knew who she was. I didn't acquaint myself with X-23 until a few months ago when I started reading the X-Force series. I thought she was actually kind of lame, just a female version of Wolverine. But after reading that series I really grew to like her. I've decided to do a X-23 themed display. I'll have the comiquette, Bishoujo, and the two Bowen versions. I also just bought two of her TPBs and some comics. I still like her character the most in the X-Force series. She was depicted a tad older, which I liked. I also don't care for the Kotobukiya statue, it looks like she has butter knives on her hands.
At the time X-23 comiquette came out i didnt know much about her at the time either. But after picking up Target X-23 and Innocence Lost. I fell in love with the character, and been regretting it ever since I lost out on the sideshow version. Yeah the Kotobukiya one claws are ridiculously looking. Have you picked up her recent series its really good. Too bad they canceled it and put her in the Avengers Academy dont really care much for the series but Im starting to pick it up because of X. Also shes in the New Venom its a pretty good series I think that event ends soon though. Yeah she was awesome in X-Force series. Don't really care much for the Bishoujo series some of them are cool looking especially the x-23. But i've been waiting for the right X-23 statue. And right now this is it.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
redhulk27

Also does anybody have in hand pics yet, though she was released already.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
At the time X-23 comiquette came out i didnt know much about her at the time either. But after picking up Target X-23 and Innocence Lost. I fell in love with the character, and been regretting it ever since I lost out on the sideshow version. Yeah the Kotobukiya one claws are ridiculously looking. Have you picked up her recent series its really good. Too bad they canceled it and put her in the Avengers Academy dont really care much for the series but Im starting to pick it up because of X. Also shes in the New Venom its a pretty good series I think that event ends soon though. Yeah she was awesome in X-Force series. Don't really care much for the Bishoujo series some of them are cool looking especially the x-23. But i've been waiting for the right X-23 statue. And right now this is it.
I picked up "The Killing Dream" this weekend. I think that is the first 6 issues of her new solo series. I also have Innocence Lost on order. A "guy friend" of mine bought the X-23 Women of Marvel One Shot 1 for me too. I want to get the Venom issues with her in, but I might wait til the story is in TPB form.

I am getting really anxious for this statue and the bishoujo.