Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #411
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

In terms of overall quality/statue design, I personally think P1 is the best. Their delivery times......eh. But hey you're getting great stuff when it's delivered.

I get the conversation though in that is the Superman 1:4 PF that was just released as good a "value" at $585 as the P1 1:3 Hush Superman at $1,000. And I think there's definitely something to SS seeing the P1 prices and just trying to feel out how high they can go in comparison. Or there is of course the possibility of collusion on pricing. The new Thor PF is $685, the DKR Master Race Batman is $1,200. Is the Batman 43% better than the Thor? I tend to think the ratios are pretty reasonable as they currently are. But it's easy to think about the future; will the P1 1:3 DKR Batman Armored version be $1,400? And if so, will some Sideshow PF's at the same time be $800? As has been mentioned, where is the cap.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:57 PM   #412
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I've thought like that about the 2 different editions for quite a while too. I mean there is such a small difference between the 2 (in Sideshow stuff at least, P1 tends to offer a lot more when it comes to 2 different versions) but I mean seriously if the ONLY difference between the 2 Wonder Woman's is some $15 skirt.....why. Just sell 1 version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Exclusives exist to get people to buy directly from Sideshow so their profit margin is higher.
You may only be thinking from the point of view of a USA resident. I've mentioned this many times before, but it costs me anywhere from an additional 30-60% on top of what I pay for the regular locally in Australia, in order to get the 'regular', let alone the Exclusive direct from Sideshow.

And as Gothamite said, it's all about their profit margins. As they don't need to do wholesaler pricing for any items which are sold 'Exclusively' through them.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:59 PM   #413
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
In terms of overall quality/statue design, I personally think P1 is the best. Their delivery times......eh. But hey you're getting great stuff when it's delivered.

I get the conversation though in that is the Superman 1:4 PF that was just released as good a "value" at $585 as the P1 1:3 Hush Superman at $1,000. And I think there's definitely something to SS seeing the P1 prices and just trying to feel out how high they can go in comparison. Or there is of course the possibility of collusion on pricing. The new Thor PF is $685, the DKR Master Race Batman is $1,200. Is the Batman 43% better than the Thor? I tend to think the ratios are pretty reasonable as they currently are. But it's easy to think about the future; will the P1 1:3 DKR Batman Armored version be $1,400? And if so, will some Sideshow PF's at the same time be $800? As has been mentioned, where is the cap.
You guys sound like people buying Porsches complaining that Porsche prices are approaching Koenigsegg prices.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #414
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Sideshow has the best sculpts, best face sculpts, most creativity. Sideshow has the worst production/control over their factories.

Prime 1 has the best production quality, most forward thinking in terms of materials used/paint to production application.

With their forces combined, i am captain statue.I kid.

If only they weren't at logger heads with each other, the statue world would be a much better place.

Lol 4000 is limited? Ok, everything is relative when i'm comparing it with the average 600-800 ES from other companies.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #415
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Why is XM not being mentioned ? Quality destroys Sideshow yeah pricey but extremely limited .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #416
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Why is XM not being mentioned ? Quality destroys Sideshow yeah pricey but extremely limited .
xm is a great company and they make great quality products the major downside to them is their lack of distribution they also have less licences. Sideshow and definitely p1 have A TON so therefore they can appeal to a bigger audience by grabbing many different fandoms. Although in the case of p1 this can be a blessing and a curse. Ultimately THE creation of xm studios has been great for this hobby
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #417
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
We were all waiting for you to show up.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #418
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with XM if you can afford it. I'm hopeful they get to take on characters I want and *fingers crossed* deliver a quality Sif by 2021.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #419
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
There is nothing wrong with XM if you can afford it. I'm hopeful they get to take on characters I want and *fingers crossed* deliver a quality Sif by 2021.
Are XM 1/4 statues compatible with SS PFs? I would love to have that Sif as well.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 PM   #420
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Are XM 1/4 statues compatible with SS PFs? I would love to have that Sif as well.
I don't own anything by XM yet. I have 1/4 Sif and 1/6 Wonder Woman pre-ordered. I was planning on having my Sif next to Jane and Sonja so have to see when the day comes.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote