Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2020, 05:41 PM   #471
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Been looking for a Gentle Giant Black Widow 1/4 for forever. I got one on the first wave but her leg was broken and never was able to get a replacement. I know, i know First World Problems right now but i hope i can nab one at some point.
I am in the same situation - looking for that Black Widow. She's a beaut. I wonder if someone will come out with a new 1/4 scale Scarlett Black Widow with the movie coming out (whenever it does).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:51 PM   #472
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am in the same situation - looking for that Black Widow. She's a beaut. I wonder if someone will come out with a new 1/4 scale Scarlett Black Widow with the movie coming out (whenever it does).
Im hoping they do cause thats the one im missing right now. A new one from the movie would be great with that tight leather body glove suit :drool:
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:01 PM   #473
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Been looking for a Gentle Giant Black Widow 1/4 for forever. I got one on the first wave but her leg was broken and never was able to get a replacement. I know, i know First World Problems right now but i hope i can nab one at some point.
They show up on ebay from time to time.
The GG BW was one of my early pieces. Even back then i had to pay more than i should to get my hands on one.
It is a great looking piece. While it is the same height as the most recent Sideshow Black Widow PF, the GG is bigger. Portrait, thighs, feet, all bigger! ..given the pieces age, it looks better than many recent 1/4 PF's.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:14 PM   #474
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I wonder if someone will come out with a new 1/4 scale Scarlett Black Widow with the movie coming out (whenever it does).
If they nail the likeness, it would be a big seller.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:46 PM   #475
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If they nail the likeness, it would be a big seller.
I think so too. Hoping Iron Studios takes a crack at it since they seem to do a good job with movie based statues.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:29 AM   #476
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

What, nobody wants a Red Guardian 1/4 scale? C'mon, just look at that sexy beast!

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:52 AM   #477
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The Coronavirus blues are setting in..
I broke my own rule, threw caution to the wind, had a beer, hit the pre_order button.. ..ahhh

I love that base design! (..and no round brown base below the base)
Fingers crossed the factory nails the paint app..

I ordered the Reg. $121.00 worth of Sideshow points help'ed

Starfire will probably take the place of Red Sonja.
The Red Sonja PF fails to fit in with this lot.
I had considered selling Red Sonja, then thought better of it.
As much as i liked this piece, and her character.. Awhile back i cancelled my pre order when a delay popped up. Figured the best time would be to do it then to get my NRD back. Trying to stay away from DC characters
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:08 AM   #478
built2shred
Phoenix

I was waiting to see how her face comes out on the production version before buying Starfire, but now with the whole virus and work slowing down, I'm slamming the brakes on any new purchase.

It's crazy seeing all these people on the news who were making like $8000+ a month and 2 weeks without work and they can't pay their rent, WTF... I can understand that happening to someone living on min. wage but you would think other people who make a decent wage would of had some sort of savings...

Crazy Times...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:37 AM   #479
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I was waiting to see how her face comes out on the production version before buying Starfire, but now with the whole virus and work slowing down, I'm slamming the brakes on any new purchase.

It's crazy seeing all these people on the news who were making like $8000+ a month and 2 weeks without work and they can't pay their rent, WTF... I can understand that happening to someone living on min. wage but you would think other people who make a decent wage would of had some sort of savings...

Crazy Times...
This will be a really great statue! Portrait is the most important if they can get it right.

Your other question....
That's because they have a much bigger, nicer, place, multiple new cars, eats only organic food, vacations, weekend family enjoyable events, kids have the best game systems, top of the line electronics, 150-350.00 shoes and designer clothes, etc.. than minimum wage workers. So they have lots of bills to pay for the good lifestyle. Low wage workers spend everything instantly and has no motivation to do more. Except giving all kinds of excuses how the world is the reason they are there on the bottom. So both groups are now at a stand still. The third group which is the rich. They are doing just fine.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:52 AM   #480
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Crazy Times...
Those high earners fail to make sense. They have the brains to earn, but lack the brains to store some cash in reserve?

Me, i switch to noodles!
Chicken noodles, Curry noodles being the preferred choice.
I stay away from the expensive fast-food joints, notably Ronald McDonald's (garbage-in-a-bag)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote