Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #551
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Look like more black dot issues to me. Sorry but for this price the paint job should have been much better. That does not look too good IMO. Prototype looked 10x better.
I’m very picky so maybe it’s good enough for some but I am glad I waited before ordering. Pass.
Intereting comment consider your experiences, bud. If you know there's a better option, please hook me up. The scheme CC chosen was wrong in the place. Mine will be repainted either way. It's as good as it gets. You can't fix screwed up casting but painting, hell yes. No companies can do Winton's paint job justice. XD Almost everyone know stuff from w-dragon or 本心楠改's production paint quality runs circles around these supposed to be "high end" pieces. I know cause I buy them for my kid. And they costs much cheaper if you know how to buy direct from Taobao, where I buy currently. Anyway, this is easy a must have for any JP fan who knows the history of this piece.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:53 PM   #552
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Intereting comment consider your experiences, bud. If you know there's a better option, please hook me up. The scheme CC chosen was wrong in the place. Mine will be repainted either way. It's as good as it gets. You can't fix screwed up casting but painting, hell yes. No companies can do Winton's paint job justice. XD Almost everyone know stuff from w-dragon or 本心楠改's production paint quality runs circles around these supposed to be "high end" pieces. I know cause I buy them for my kid. And they costs much cheaper if you know how to buy direct from Taobao, where I buy currently. Anyway, this is easy a must have for any JP fan who knows the history of this piece.
I think they "pass" because thay have no money for it therefore there is no option lol. Come on people, most of you can't afford it like me but i don't hide behind senseless reasons. I "pass" because im poor. But the piece, eevn tho is not perfect, is amazing just because of the fact that is SW maquette. Period.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:16 PM   #553
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
My thoughts on this as well. Size was about the only thing I found impressive; paint, pose and base are woefully lacking. What is up with CC's obsession with those freaking black dots on rexy's face? The eyes and teeth looked better than the 1/5th bust, at least we got some small improvements for the asking price.
CC's obsession with black dots is actually the first thing I said when I first saw the pics too.

The size is impressive, and the posing doesn't seem a huge issue to me. Would it be cool if the post was more dynamic? It would, but there's only so much you can do with a piece at this scale and keep it structurally sound and not make the shipping have to come on it's own truck. I mean, hell, the box is already the size of a sedan! I think the biggest issue with it is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Lol!

It just looks like it was painted by someone who was overwhelmed. I think Steve had what? Two days to paint the prototype? I know he didn't have to paint 100 but they have also had way more time and resources do do these in bulk. It is a very odd shade of green they chose.

The head paint is blended a lot better than the Breakout Rex, but the dots all over the face aren't blended to the point where they're not noticeable at first glance. The other problem is something I pointed out months ago: the reference photos Chronicle used was of the maquette used by SWS for reference to paint the TLW female Rex. Rexy wasnt this shade of brown, her stripes were not as prominent on the snout, and a ton of other little details that make her visually differ from the TLW female. And, well, they hybridized the two and so it just ends up looking like neither.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #554
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

A bit of dark wash and dry brush and it will look great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191115_102618.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	128198   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191115_102616.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	128199   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_230525.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	404.2 KB
ID:	128200   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191115_102624.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	128201  
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:12 AM   #555
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikemBHD View Post
Damn, that looks great! All the same, at the price I don't think modifications should be necessary.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:24 AM   #556
Twon91
Doh!

Quote:

Wow that's amazing.
Twon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:46 AM   #557
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I think they "pass" because thay have no money for it therefore there is no option lol. Come on people, most of you can't afford it like me but i don't hide behind senseless reasons. I "pass" because im poor. But the piece, eevn tho is not perfect, is amazing just because of the fact that is SW maquette. Period.
LOL, nope, not the reason for the pass.
I’ve wanted this piece forever but am very disappointed that Chronicle messed up another Rex...that is three times now.
Thx, I know there isn’t another option. I’m just very disappointed. Can’t wait to see yours though!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:34 AM   #558
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
Damn, that looks great! All the same, at the price I don't think modifications should be necessary.
Did you modify this head cast yourself or is this as it was from the manufacturer?
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:39 AM   #559
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Did you modify this head cast yourself or is this as it was from the manufacturer?
I modified it
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:36 AM   #560
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
What a difference...it looks amazing!
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote