Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #71
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

only thing that concerns me is the seam. hopefully they get the finish perfect.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #72
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Doesn't matter how we paint it, it will be wrong... LOL

Steve's paint job will be the final word on the 1:5 and as limited as it's going to be we don't think that one or two people griping will be an issue.

Still not sure we can make it at a affordable price, but we'll see.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #73
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

It can be blue and i would still buy it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170706-110531.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	712.7 KB
ID:	105756  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #74
Steve evans
The Spirit

Why not just sell an upainted T-rex with a detachable base. Let people either paint their own or pay their preferred artist to paint it...it might stop people moaning and nit picking at the paint job. It might also keep the cost down a bit and allow for a larger run. 40 seems very low for such an iconic piece...alot of people will be dissapointed. Just an opinion.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #75
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Why not just sell an upainted T-rex with a detachable base. Let people either paint their own or pay their preferred artist to paint it...it might stop people moaning and nit picking at the paint job. It might also keep the cost down a bit and allow for a larger run. 40 seems very low for such an iconic piece...alot of people will be dissapointed. Just an opinion.
Completely agree!!! Dont paint it.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #76
Boogeyman13
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Seeing as how I have no painting skills, I don't have a local preferred artist, and I'm not about to go shipping this thing back and forth across the country/world, I'm good with a painted copy. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but having it unpainted would be an instant deal breaker for me.
Boogeyman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #77
Nathanial91
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Completely agree!!! Dont paint it.
I third this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman13 View Post
Seeing as how I have no painting skills, I don't have a local preferred artist, and I'm not about to go shipping this thing back and forth across the country/world, I'm good with a painted copy. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but having it unpainted would be an instant deal breaker for me.
Or incase of people in this situation, After the initial run of the 50 or so painted ones, to offer Raw kit versions for those that would like to build and paint or get commission someone to have this done. It would mean that more people with be absolutely happy with what they get
Nathanial91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #78
Falkor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yes, I agree with the unpainted kit idea. Maybe 50 painted and 50 unpainted.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #79
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Doesn't matter how we paint it, it will be wrong... LOL

Steve's paint job will be the final word on the 1:5 and as limited as it's going to be we don't think that one or two people griping will be an issue.

Still not sure we can make it at a affordable price, but we'll see.

Paul
I've got 3 JP Chronicle pieces on order right now, I'm a fan of what you guys have been doing, I share your posts and I've started 3 threads on this board (including this one) to raise awareness about your products. I know this piece is going to be expensive and fans of your work and JP appreciate your efforts to make these as affordable as possible without sacrificing quality.

Personally, I think you should use this forum to engage with the fans who have been supportive of your JP line from the start, there will always be folks that criticize what you do, and that goes for all Collectible companies, sometimes I think you focus too much on their crticisims and forget that a lot of us are very excited about this line.

Just my two cents,
Chris
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #80
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I've got 3 JP Chronicle pieces on order right now, I'm a fan of what you guys have been doing, I share your posts and I've started 3 threads on this board (including this one) to raise awareness about your products. I know this piece is going to be expensive and fans of your work and JP appreciate your efforts to make these as affordable as possible without sacrificing quality.

Personally, I think you should use this forum to engage with the fans who have been supportive of your JP line from the start, there will always be folks that criticize what you do, and that goes for all Collectible companies, sometimes I think you focus too much on their crticisims and forget that a lot of us are very excited about this line.

Just my two cents,
Chris
2nd this!!!