Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2020, 12:37 AM   #9481
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thumbs up Captain America on point

So this is my second piece from Sideshow and mannnnn after collecting 1/6 scale marvel statues from Kotobukiya i see why Sideshow and 1/4 scale is a slippery slope to brokeville. Going to Sideshows website has become a daily routine after my morning news. I already got the Doctor Strange on preorder for obvious reasons you will see in the picture below. Luckily I'm limited to space so can't go too crazy. Anywho as for the piece I definitely love it and it's a great addition to my collection.

Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #9482
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
i see why Sideshow and 1/4 scale is a slippery slope to brokeville.
Pretty much...congrats on the Cap!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #9483
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looks great - Daredevil too - I have both pieces and love them. Costs definitely add up quickly, but you'll be glad you dove in. Looking forward to Dr. Strange as well!
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #9484
Rafaelcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Pretty much...congrats on the Cap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherfootdave View Post
Looks great - Daredevil too - I have both pieces and love them. Costs definitely add up quickly, but you'll be glad you dove in. Looking forward to Dr. Strange as well!
Thank you so much i definitely look forward to all the pieces coming in in the future. i have Hulk vs Wolverine and Miles Morales on pre-order besides doctor strange and cant wait.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #9485
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Spent the weekend rearranging my displays just to fit Jean in. No regrets. She is beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4956.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	129666  
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #9486
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
So this is my second piece from Sideshow and mannnnn after collecting 1/6 scale marvel statues from Kotobukiya i see why Sideshow and 1/4 scale is a slippery slope to brokeville. Going to Sideshows website has become a daily routine after my morning news. I already got the Doctor Strange on preorder for obvious reasons you will see in the picture below. Luckily I'm limited to space so can't go too crazy. Anywho as for the piece I definitely love it and it's a great addition to my collection.

I did the same thing back in the day. Started with 1/6 scale. After my 1st 1/4, I started to transition my collection to all 1/4 which meant getting new shelves (which you'll need to do too)
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:40 PM   #9487
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I did the same thing back in the day. Started with 1/6 scale. After my 1st 1/4, I started to transition my collection to all 1/4 which meant getting new shelves (which you'll need to do too)
Oh god that sounds familiar
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #9488
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
Oh god that sounds familiar
Scale creep, it's real...I still struggle when I look at some of those killer Prime 1 1/3 statues (Batman Hush, looking at you), but then the price brings me back to reality...barely.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:16 PM   #9489
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Scale creep, it's real...I still struggle when I look at some of those killer Prime 1 1/3 statues (Batman Hush, looking at you), but then the price brings me back to reality...barely.
Once you go 1/3 scale, especially those Beautiful Prime 1s, you'll be hooked! It all started for me with the Margot Robbie Harley Quinn and I've been loving prime 1 ever since! I still do 1/4ths from Sideshow too though.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:43 AM   #9490
Rafaelcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I feel you i definitely love the 1/4 scale size overall but cost for me is to great to solely invest in it completely. Luckily i have the space to build a small corner display case that will let me hold about six 1/4 scale pieces and with the current bookcase i have my Daredevil and Captain America on i can most likely fit an additional three pieces.

Its a real shame, which i dont get, that the options for 1/6 scale pieces are extremely limited in choice and variety. If im not mistaken Kotobukiya is the only company making 1/6 scale Marvel pieces. It would be fine if they kicked out pieces like sideshow but i swear there is only around three pieces a year.