Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #2421
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
My goodness Raf...what have you done!? lol
LOL LOL you made me laugh my friend lol I know how you are about your JP my friend . Hugs my good friend
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #2422
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

IMO this guy did the fence up right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSpG9A2YY9E&t=319s
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:22 AM   #2423
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Rafa is a legend.
I totally agree.
His skills are off the charts.But above all he is a wonderful person and I'm honored to be called one of his friends.I love the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
LOL LOL you made me laugh my friend lol I know how you are about your JP my friend . Hugs my good friend
Phil the sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #2424
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Raf. three hundred championship fights, but I think you just took your first knockout on this one. Still though, the darker super wet look of the Rex. put me right in the scene of the movie and the base looks great. Now just add a bit of wet effect to the steel poles on the fence to complete the look.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #2425
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Finally built the fence for my Breakout Rex.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170420_225829.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	103928  
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #2426
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

I received mine last night. Not much more to report than what others have shown/said. In most cases, people say something looks better in person, but it's really just exuberance of getting a piece finally IMO. Typically, I've found photos tend to show what we'll all get pretty well. In this case however, it really does show better in person. The spots aren't so bad, and the overall appearance is better as the cameras don't seem to be picking up on some of the more subtle tones on the head that give it a larger degree of dimension. If I had a nitpick, it's still the contrast of the lower jaw dots, but also that the lower jaw is somewhat out of alignment (sticking to the right) with the upper jaw when looking straight at it from the front. It's not terrible, but can be noticeable at times. And, I've found this on all of them people have posted when shown from directly in front, so I think it's just an attribute of the piece. Probably not a big deal for most, but it is something to note.

Overall, I echo the sentiments of others who have said it could have been better and closer to the sample CC showed us earlier on. But, it's done comparably well to something like Sideshow's Dinosauria line, and I think most will be happy with it once they see it. While not what everyone hoped for, in the end I'd conclude Chronicle has absolutely nothing to be ashamed about with it.

I'll see if I can take a few photos this weekend once I get the fence up, which hopefully I can do well.

For Kefka2200 who IMO has been almost recklessly optimistic about the piece, I think you're going to be over the moon with yours barring some sort of shipping breakage etc.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #2427
clutch
Sailor Moon

I just got 120-something. Would love to know what post-China corrections were made if any. I can see the tail seam if I look for it. The arm seams are pretty hidden on mine.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #2428
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1212 View Post
I received mine last night. Not much more to report than what others have shown/said. In most cases, people say something looks better in person, but it's really just exuberance of getting a piece finally IMO. Typically, I've found photos tend to show what we'll all get pretty well. In this case however, it really does show better in person. The spots aren't so bad, and the overall appearance is better as the cameras don't seem to be picking up on some of the more subtle tones on the head that give it a larger degree of dimension. If I had a nitpick, it's still the contrast of the lower jaw dots, but also that the lower jaw is somewhat out of alignment (sticking to the right) with the upper jaw when looking straight at it from the front. It's not terrible, but can be noticeable at times. And, I've found this on all of them people have posted when shown from directly in front, so I think it's just an attribute of the piece. Probably not a big deal for most, but it is something to note.

Overall, I echo the sentiments of others who have said it could have been better and closer to the sample CC showed us earlier on. But, it's done comparably well to something like Sideshow's Dinosauria line, and I think most will be happy with it once they see it. While not what everyone hoped for, in the end I'd conclude Chronicle has absolutely nothing to be ashamed about with it.

I'll see if I can take a few photos this weekend once I get the fence up, which hopefully I can do well.

For Kefka2200 who IMO has been almost recklessly optimistic about the piece, I think you're going to be over the moon with yours barring some sort of shipping breakage etc.
Lol i like recklessly optimistic.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #2429
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Raf. three hundred championship fights, but I think you just took your first knockout on this one. Still though, the darker super wet look of the Rex. put me right in the scene of the movie and the base looks great. Now just add a bit of wet effect to the steel poles on the fence to complete the look.
thanks buddy, my jaw is still healing lol
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:51 PM   #2430
avenger1212
Fantastic Four