Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #271
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Not feeling the base, just to much, not focused enough on Spidey. Shame, would've been a nice addition to keep venom company.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #272
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

once again, an XM piece telling a story. Very happy to see this Spider-man statue. Future PO for sure
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #273
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
I'm not feeling this piece.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #274
Peedi
The Secret Six

I'm fine with what XM did here but I was hoping to see XM do their own thing with the costume details just a little bit more. Especially since the MJ Dio has a traditional Spidey, and there's already a decent amount of 1/4 traditional Spideys out there (I have like 4 already). Nothing too extreme, but like Magneto, Wolverine, Daredevil, Black Panther and many other characters have updated costumes, I was hoping for more than just the mask eye pattern and bottom of feet. At this point the Iron Studios textured custume is a more radical costume than this XM.

Other than that this is pretty dynamic and a lot of XM pieces are base focused. It's no wonder on the most popular character XM did what they usually do and provided a large environment to be engulfed in with an assortment of switch outs.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #275
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Any way I look at this piece he just looks to think in the middle

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #276
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I dig everything about this except the paint app on the battle damaged portrait. That said, this is definitely more of a companion piece Spidey than a standalone (I think it'd look better next to the Iron Studios Spidey than even the XM villains) which is a problem for overseas collectors like myself for whom this costs much more than a better standalone piece like the PF. That's not to say the PF is better either, as I don't think the smoke bases make all SS's recent Spider-verse pieces match up as well as they hoped.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #277
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Whelp, thats it. The doc oct tentacle pairing has won me over. Gonna have to scrounge up shelf space for that kind of height.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:18 AM   #278
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE??
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #279
Khufu
Mephisto

This piece is a few tweaks away from grail status in my opinion. The absolute very best action pose Spidey, and all the minor details like the tentacle holding Peter's camera, etc... Just make this so amazing. That being said, I have the recent Sideshow PF EX, and that is piece is great. Great enough for me to pass on the $$ of this one. Which is ok because I want a little variety in my collection. I have all of the XM Villains which look great with the SSC version. I have no doubt though this will be an excellent statue once XM refines all the small details. One day down the road when I'm scouring Ebay, I'm probably going to wish I bought this when I had the chance lol....
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #280
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE??
Yup...
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote