Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #31
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticBlast View Post
I just had a quote done and i was going to use/add a fillet but that brought it to about 580 dollars (with 60% off), including 3 mattes (2 silk mattes), ornate frame (one of the most expensive moldings they carried) and museum glass (24x36 piece). Without the fillet it was still about 488. It's really just up to you if it's worth it or not. once it's all said and done i think when you see the results you can justify the price as the frame can lend itself spectacularly to a piece.
Yeah I'm up to $475.00 for the Frankenstein print with a fillet,2 mattes and museum glass.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #32
OpticBlast
Sinister Six

That sounds bad ass Monster, can't wait to see it! Frankie definitely deserves a nice frame, the print itself is spectacular should be well preserved and on your walls to be feared and admired.
OpticBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #33
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
In Oregon: Beard's Framing - a FANTASTIC chain of frame shops... weekly email deals, "regular customer" discounts, great staff who know about framing (ie.. they don't just "work there".. they're all well-versed in the industry)... really just a great store in general. They keep everything you've had framed on file there, so they can even suggest motifs, etc.
Thanks for the recommendation Ryan, I had forgot about Beard's Framing. I'm going to check them out and compare them to Michaels.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #34
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Went back to my local frame shop and he's going to frame my Iron Giant and Dawn of the Dead prints. It is costing me more but at least I know its going to be done right and I'm supporting a local business at the same time.

Went with a solid black frame with 2 mattes on the Dawn of the Dead print and 3 mattes on the Iron Giant. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #35
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Went back to my local frame shop and he's going to frame my Iron Giant and Dawn of the Dead prints. It is costing me more but at least I know its going to be done right and I'm supporting a local business at the same time.

Went with a solid black frame with 2 mattes on the Dawn of the Dead print and 3 mattes on the Iron Giant. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
Sounds like those are going to look real good. Really looking forward to seeing the regular DOTD framed as I'm not sure how I want to have mine done yet.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #36
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

My framer is backed up so he said it will be about a month but I'll be sure to post some crappy iphone pics as soon as I get them back. lol

I'm getting the variant Dawn of the Dead print framed. I went with a red mat underneath and a blueish/grey mat on top that will hopefully pull some of the colors from the center of the print. I think it will look good.

Last edited by MONSTER; 11-08-2011 at 06:42 PM.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #37
OpticBlast
Sinister Six

That sounds great monster. It's always good to support local businesses and have peace of mind they will get the job done right. I'm super looking forward to seeing your Iron Giant so i start getting some ideas on how to frame mine plus it's just a fantastic print and you can have tons of fun with it. Three mattes sounds epic already. The DOTD will look great with your collection and will only look better with your frame and color scheme of mattes. You're getting your collection on the wall super fast I'm jealous. it will still be a while before i get all the prints i want framed, but i'm having fun along the way.
OpticBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #38
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Thanks OpticBlast. I still have a LONG way to go to get everything framed at the pace I've been buying. I wish I could just frame everything at once but my wife would kill me.

Next up I need to finalize the details on the Frankenstein print. Then I want to get the Mummy, Stout Cap and Sucker Punch framed. Just way too much to get done.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #39
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Stopped in at a Michael's craft store last night after dinner and found out they're running a 25% off custom framing sale November 11th & 12th. They're already offering 50% off and this new 25% off deal can be stacked with that. The framer handed me a printed add so I don't think this is just a local offer but can't be certain. Either way I figured I'd pass the word along as it would definitely be worth looking into. Going to take a couple pieces in tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #40
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Go check out Beard's already, you Momo; there's gotta be a few in the Portland area.

The one at Fred Meyer's in Eugene was awesome, as I've said. I can't speak for all of them, but they all at least have to have the same deals/specials/discounts, I would think.

I miss mine.. but.. the guy that worked magic with frames there has since left Oregon anyways; I keep in contact with him. That's not to say that particular store doesn't still have quality employees, I'm sure... another young woman there was well-versed in frames, also. Gah... been almost a year, can't recall her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Stopped in at a Michael's craft store last night after dinner and found out they're running a 25% off custom framing sale November 11th & 12th. They're already offering 50% off and this new 25% off deal can be stacked with that. The framer handed me a printed add so I don't think this is just a local offer but can't be certain. Either way I figured I'd pass the word along as it would definitely be worth looking into. Going to take a couple pieces in tomorrow.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote