Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Smile What is a Diamond Select GRAIL to you??? Share yours with the whole world!!!

Everybody has an opinion on what a "Grail Piece" is, or what it should be. But what do you think??
Feel free to express your opinion and to post proudly your Diamond Select Grail photos.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Well JP, I don't come in here much, but now I have an excuse and since your thread didn't get much love from anyone then I'll be the first to reply to this. I just picked up my first Hulk statue and I gotta say that it's a great one. And for as old as it is, it might even stand the test of time in the 1/6 dept. The sculpt is literally Incredible and lets just say the paint app needs no upgrade.

I was wanting a Hulk statue so badly...scale didn't matter at all, but there were no Hulks out there that I was happy with except the Bowen Variant. Even the SS Comiquette looked terrible to me. I couldn't find the Variant at a decent price. I was highly anticipating the most recent 1/6 Hulk from Koto, but was really disappointed in the dull and wonk-eyed paint app. It was frustrating as hell. Then I come into this board and see a thread with this Hulk pictured.

I was sold in an instant and found out he was going for a decent price on eBay. Picked one up for $215, I just got him in today and I couldn't be more satisfied. I'm extremely happy with it. I can't believe how cool this is. Like he walked right out of a comic and went into static display mode on my shelf. He's about the same size as my Koto Venom statue, but Venom weighs much more. Not by much though. These particular statues weren't numbered, but who cares, they're not being made anymore so it's worth having around forever. Besides the Variant and the original SS PF, this is the best Hulk I've ever seen and now have the pleasure to own. I can't believe he's not more popular with most collectors...even at 1/6 scale. It feels good to have a little green in my apartment now.

Not sure if this counts as a Diamond Select grail since it's by Art Asylum, but it's now in my collection forever. And ever.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Nice!!! Nobody seemed to care about this thread compared to the others, but oh well! Different folks, different strokes. Very nice photos of one of the best looking Hulks in my opinion. It is really hard to find one for a good price, so congratulations in your great haul! One of the most dynamic pieces created by Diamond Select/Art Asylum without a doubt.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

The only diamond select piece i have is Space Ghost.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Wouldn't say it's my grail but it's my favorite Diamond Select statue

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Probably my Femme Fatales Alice Madness Returns statue, unfortunately I don't have a photo on hand. It is kinda small, but is one of the best Alice statue I've come across.

I wish someone would make a 1/4 scale statue of Alice from that game.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
travis
A.I.M.

The Tomb of Dracula Statue, no doubt about is
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #8
Henry Pym
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanos, by Art Asylum!
Henry Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Pym View Post
Thanos, by Art Asylum!
I do like that one too. It sucks there's not too many decent pics of these older statues floating around the web. Since I found out about this Hulk, I've been eyeing other good statues from DS/AA/MM such as Daredevil on the cross and classic Iron Man.

I'd still have to say the AA Hulk is my favorite of all.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I do like that one too. It sucks there's not too many decent pics of these older statues floating around the web. Since I found out about this Hulk, I've been eyeing other good statues from DS/AA/MM such as Daredevil on the cross and classic Iron Man.

I'd still have to say the AA Hulk is my favorite of all.
Daredevil on the Cross is a sweet looking piece!