Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #261
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I love his art but this whole thing is ridiculous. He should finish up old commissions before taking on new ones. I would never commission him.
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #262
Wah
Shadowhawk

If you paid him 9k you should be the priority! For him. To do that to you this long is criminal honestly. I would of asked for my money back ages ago.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #263
Luminous
Cyclops

I'd demand a refund as well. Not only would you get your money back but the thought of seeing $9,000 drained from his account all at once might make him reconsider finishing yours asap. Either way, this is a bullsh!t way to treat a fan. Especially one that has paid you.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #264
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

I can't speak to the 9k as that was Kyle's situation. I'm only in for one (large) commission. Oddly enough, I got another progress pic on the piece yesterday. Part of the reason this is so frustrating is because the layout and the progress I've seen thus far goes above and beyond what I was after when I commissioned Jae. The pics are fantastic, but the trouble is, the piece is still nowhere near completion. Fingers are crossed for delivery at Fan Expo, but I'm not holding my breath.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #265
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
I can't speak to the 9k as that was Kyle's situation. I'm only in for one (large) commission. Oddly enough, I got another progress pic on the piece yesterday. Part of the reason this is so frustrating is because the layout and the progress I've seen thus far goes above and beyond what I was after when I commissioned Jae. The pics are fantastic, but the trouble is, the piece is still nowhere near completion. Fingers are crossed for delivery at Fan Expo, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sounds like he is going above and beyond to make up for the wait. I hope you are happy with the piece and can look at it and appreciate the art (and not see the painful commission process first). Good luck.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #266
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
My bad, I got that info mixed up. Does sound like he is at least aware of what he is putting you through. Really hope he comes through for you. Not sure I would have had the patience.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #267
3Cube
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Would love to see the finished piece in person, I'll be there for all four days.
3Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #268
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
My bad, I got that info mixed up. Does sound like he is at least aware of what he is putting you through. Really hope he comes through for you. Not sure I would have had the patience.
No worries. The 9K thing is still definitely an issue and I feel (some) of Kyle's pain. I dont doubt that ultimately some of these longer wait pieces will come out fantastic, but when you start talking thousands of dollars and multiple years wait, the frustration level is amplified by a hundred.

3Cube, I'll be the guy lurking around Jae's table with the curly moustache (true story), so dont be afraid to say hi if you see me. I too would love to see the finished piece...I'm just not 100% confident it'll get done.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #269
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Sounds like he is going above and beyond to make up for the wait. I hope you are happy with the piece and can look at it and appreciate the art (and not see the painful commission process first). Good luck.

Don't worry dave we will remind cam of this every time there is a con show
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #270
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
Don't worry dave we will remind cam of this every time there is a con show
and since Jae attends every possible con under the sun, the reminders are constant!!