Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Original art category on Ebay full of JUNK!!

Do you guys get tired of weeding through all of the crap that people stick in the original art category. If your looking for pages or sketches, you have to weed through so much. Crap posters, crap sketches done by no names, crap prints that are scans of conventions sketches that a certain seller keeps selling over, and over, and over again.

I think people can sell what they want, I just wish there was another category for crap. Somedays I just check CAF to see what is watched, because I don't have the strength to weed through the pages of crap.....

Anyone else.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Yeah, it seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last year. Tons and tons of some guy down the street doing I less than impressive sketch. No problem if they want to work on their style but put it in another category.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

It does get tiresome weeding through prints, sketchbooks, posters and all the other stuff that is not comic art.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You are so right. I just don't do it anymore. I have a couple things I look for and that's it.

Chris
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

ebay should have 2 different sections, one for professional artists & another for wannabes, it would save alot of time. Oh,and also a different section for big breasted, poorly done women sketches.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE--
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
You are so right. I just don't do it anymore. I have a couple things I look for and that's it.

Chris
I'm with you. Everyday I type in Spiderwoman, and Spider woman with a space to see if there is anything. Most days I don't bother beyond that.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I'm with you. Everyday I type in Spiderwoman, and Spider woman with a space to see if there is anything. Most days I don't bother beyond that.
Somehow I knew that ! My mom alway's said I had psychic powers.

Chris
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I know what you mean , looking for art and finding prints of art pages or sketchcards done by a five year old . Comicartfans doesn't allow to upload prints but a lot of people seem to do it these days .
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #9
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
ebay should have 2 different sections, one for professional artists & another for wannabes, it would save alot of time. Oh,and also a different section for big breasted, poorly done women sketches.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE--
That was actually something I had thought of too. It would make it so much better. Sometimes I do want to just browse instead of sticking to my usual searches, but there's so much crap I'm done trying to look by page 5.

They need a "Published Artist" category. And prints should be in the comics section, not the Original Art section. They're not really original art.
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 AM   #10
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I usally go to the categories then to collectibles then to comics then to original art then look thru each section separately
covers
drawing,sketches
paintings
splash pages
other original art

I agree I get tired of weeding thru the posters that are stuck in the original art or prints or sketchbooks. I have gotten lots of commissions and such from unknown artists over the years just cause I like their style and a few ended up being someone years later. so the wannabes are not as bad to me as the people just posting posters or prints of stuff over and over

I usually scan thru the art at least once every 3 days. It gets tiring weeding thru the junk
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote