Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Doomed. This movie is doomed from jump street. Just going straight to Dark Phoenix. No less as all children/teenagers.

This is going to be painful.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #22
SONICobra
Batman

very frustrating deadpool set this entire franchise up perfectly for an entire reboot but for some reason they cant get out of this cycle - the xmen deserve better
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #23
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
very frustrating deadpool set this entire franchise up perfectly for an entire reboot but for some reason they cant get out of this cycle - the xmen deserve better
I honestly thought after First Class and Days of Future Past resetting the time line and being decent films that this was what the X-men needed. After Apocalypse they basically ruined the reset and I was pretty much out, and now seeing them trying to do Dark Phoenix in one film with no real setup...pfft, I wait for it to hit netflix.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #24
statman
Baron Zemo

I'm really not looking forward to how they screw up an all time classic comic story. Again.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

For this, I feel I need to speak with my wallet.

I have seen every other X-Men movie in the theatre, but I'm not going to for this movie. If I ever have any hope of this franchise going back to Marvel/Disney, I have to do my part and stop supporting half-hearted, mediocre at best, X-Men movies.

It's a shame too because this cast sounds like the cast I would like to see.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #26
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I was so hopeful after watching DOFP that things could get back on track, but Apocalypse was just awful. I watched DOFP and Apocalypse yesterday back to back, DOFP is fantastic, Apocalypse is barely watchable, I should have just realized DOFP was a fluke for Singer. I have zero expectations for this dark phoenix movie, Sansa Stark is a terrible Jean, she cant act and cant even do an american accent, seeing her turn into "dark phoenix" with no real buildup is going to be apocalypse level bad
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:11 PM   #27
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
I'm really not looking forward to how they screw up an all time classic comic story. Again.
This is the point exactly! They are taking the best comic book story ever, in my opinion, and they're going to ruin it again for the SECOND TIME!!!!!

This is frustrating...and disappointing.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
For this, I feel I need to speak with my wallet.

I have seen every other X-Men movie in the theatre, but I'm not going to for this movie. If I ever have any hope of this franchise going back to Marvel/Disney, I have to do my part and stop supporting half-hearted, mediocre at best, X-Men movies.

It's a shame too because this cast sounds like the cast I would like to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I was so hopeful after watching DOFP that things could get back on track, but Apocalypse was just awful. I watched DOFP and Apocalypse yesterday back to back, DOFP is fantastic, Apocalypse is barely watchable, I should have just realized DOFP was a fluke for Singer. I have zero expectations for this dark phoenix movie, Sansa Stark is a terrible Jean, she cant act and cant even do an american accent, seeing her turn into "dark phoenix" with no real buildup is going to be apocalypse level bad
I think this is where the MCU get's it very right and pretty much all other's tend to go very wrong. They understand that if you want fans and even casual fans to pay their hard earned money in the theater you have to earn it, and building not just a story but the universe in which your characters exist is important. We need to see how this develops and one film isn't going to cut it. Days of Future Past should have allowed them to build up the X-men universe, if you cut out Apocalypse and had Deadpool, then New Mutants, Another good X-men film and built the Phoenix story through all these films I could see it. But nah, we're just going to toss this in there.

Terrible execution of what should be a great film franchise.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:02 AM   #29
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I've been marginally/fractionally hoping that Gladiator, my favorite Marvel character might show up in this film. I know, it would probably be to the character's detriment based on what Fox has done with supporting characters in virtually every X-Men film, but I may never see him on film if he doesn't make it into this potentially butchered attempt at telling probably my all time favorite comic book story arc in one short film. However, I just read an article that said Fox was casting for a young version of Rogue. Looks like if that's indeed true the actress they're looking at is around 9 or 10 years old. Anyway, there was speculation that if Gladiator was in this movie, he could be the super powered lunch wagon she drains instead of Ms. Marvel to get the powers of strength, flight, invulnerability, etc. If that indeed did happen, I would never watch this film. So, I take back my desire to see Gladiator in this film. Now, I'm hoping he is no where to be seen.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:50 PM   #30
dechirico7
The Flash

I don't think they should have done this storyline so soon. I think the young x-men need more development and time for us to get attached. I feel like I don't even know this Jean.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote