Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Blade Runner 2049 Replica Blaster

There don't seem to be many replica weapons collectors in here since I rarely see posts relating to replica weapons, but I figured I would post this up anyways as it really is an absolutely beautiful piece!! Collecting science fiction replica weapons is one of my absolute favorite hobbies. Unforunately, you just don't see many pieces released, at least nowhere near the number of statues. So I get pretty excited when I discover a new release.

Blade Runner 2049 Replica Blaster

This is just a stunning piece. One of the nicest science fiction hand gun's I hve seen released in some time. Its definitely a bit pricey, but replica weapons usually are more expensive than statues, but this is pricey even in regards to replica weapons. Normally, I would have expected a price of like $699-$750 for a piece like this, but its just way too beautiful to pass up. To celebrate the release of the new movie, they have knocked $100 of the price for a limited time. Its currently $899, but will go up to $999 once the special is over.

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.co...98&cat=0&page=
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #2
Darth Milo
Hydra

I thought this 2049 version was sold out?
I really want to order this replica but I'm afraid it will be seized by Dutch customs.. anyone from The E.U. got experience ordering this blaster from HCG?
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'd definitely like to order this,along with some of the HCG Alien replica weapons,but like other international collectors I know Canadian customs will seize it.Thats why i no longer order replica weapons,nothing but headaches from the CBSA
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Never figured this weapon to be a revolver, especially a 5 shot. Don't recall seeing any reloads. Besides the lights, not very futuristic for 32 years.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #5
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
I thought this 2049 version was sold out?
I really want to order this replica but I'm afraid it will be seized by Dutch customs.. anyone from The E.U. got experience ordering this blaster from HCG?
No, its not sold out. I just placed my order yesterday. And I just checked and its still showing its available.

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.co...roductid=16598

This is just WAY to beautiful of a piece for me to pass up on. One of the nicest science fiction hand gun replica's I have seen to date. I like that its science fiction, but at the same time not CRAZY science fiction like a Halo or Gears of War hand gun. It resembles a real pistol, but you can still tell its a sci-fi piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Never figured this weapon to be a revolver, especially a 5 shot. Don't recall seeing any reloads. Besides the lights, not very futuristic for 32 years.
Thats actually one of my favorite aspects about it. I have plenty of replica weapons that literally SCREAM science fiction. Weta's District 9 set, Weta's Dr Grordbort, Halo, Mass Effect, Gears of War etc. This is more of a subtle science fiction piece and I really love that aspect to it. I think the dual triggers and the overall shape definitey make it look sci-fi to me.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
You need to watch and understand the first Blade Runner movie to appreciate that this gun was perfect for the original Blade Runner movie and a deservedly special weapon and prop for the sequel.

cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #7
cratercritter
The Spirit

Reloads of the gun was not necessary. Also, the movie does not reveal much at all about the blaster. It remains a mystery. Only the prop itself is built around a revolver, but this is and was not conveyed in any of the Blade Runner movies. No explanation about the gun's operation was shown in the movies. The LED lights ?...the side rod with the green LED's ?...the type of ammunition used ?.....The double trigger ?.... Blaster was not explained and understandably it was unnecessary. The blaster's mystery added the movie's charm and intrigue. A beautifully built and designed blaster with retro-futuristic looks and appeal.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
You need to watch and understand the first Blade Runner movie to appreciate that this gun was perfect for the original Blade Runner movie and a deservedly special weapon and prop for the sequel.

Uhhh...ok. I just comment on stuff I haven't seen or know nothing about. Nice assumption there buddy.

Cool gun no doubt, not worth the price tag tho. When it comes to 80's weaponry, this rivals the pulse rifle no doubt.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:08 AM   #9
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I'd definitely like to order this,along with some of the HCG Alien replica weapons,but like other international collectors I know Canadian customs will seize it.Thats why i no longer order replica weapons,nothing but headaches from the CBSA
That sucks. Of course, here in the good ol USA, its easier getting real guns than it is science fiction replica's.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #10
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Uhhh...ok. I just comment on stuff I haven't seen or know nothing about. Nice assumption there buddy.

Cool gun no doubt, not worth the price tag tho. When it comes to 80's weaponry, this rivals the pulse rifle no doubt.
Yes... When I look back at my comment, it was a little presumptuous of me. My passion for Blade Runner got the better of me.....
Sorry about that Vecchio1.