Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #661
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I find supporting this company distastefull, not because i find that their stuff looks like crap but the guy has cheated honest sculptors and that is crossing the line for me, if u have any respect for this hobby u would say no to recasts and syco crap, but that's my opinion.
WELL SAID!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #662
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I find supporting this company distastefull, not because i find that their stuff looks like crap but the guy has cheated honest sculptors and that is crossing the line for me, if u have any respect for this hobby u would say no to recasts and syco crap, but that's my opinion.
agreed, well said.
but its not just honest sculptors this guy has ripped off. from what i understand he has ripped off many honest people including his own family (mother and father).
so yeah, who ever buys this sh!t head's crap and supports him and his affiliates. is not only disgraceful. but disrespectful to the people who have been cheated and abused by this low life.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #663
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I hate when a line starts and then all of a sudden, a company pulls out the chair beneath the collector due to some lame ass excuse or other unbeknownst reasons. He did the same thing with the Thundercats license. I can definitely understand one's hesitations with buying future licensed products from PCS due to what has happened with TCats and now MK9.
Maybe I misread but didn't the Thundercats line end because it became clear that not enough people wanted to buy any of the other characters besides the main characters of the show?
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #664
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
Maybe I misread but didn't the Thundercats line end because it became clear that not enough people wanted to buy any of the other characters besides the main characters of the show?
Yep, Tygra had less than 100 pre orders between both versions iirc.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #665
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Even if I didn't hate this company so much, I'm so glad I canceled my preorder on this, not feeling the ugly base or icy arm at all.

It took them nearly 6 months to get the updated pics up, I guess he's 6 months away from getting released now much like Noob.

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #666
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I love the ice base but the ice arm is not needed but luckily thats a swap out.

Still waiting to see the PCS MK9 Sub Zero first...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #667
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I think SYCO just discovered trsnslucent resin.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #668
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
Yes, partially, for TCATS. That is surely not the case with MK9. Not enough people pre-ordered Tygra from SS, and thus did not have enough pre-orders to continue production.

However, if he released it directly via PCS like he did with Reptile, at the edition sizes he does now, I have no doubt we would still be seeing the TCATS statues.

Personally, the TCATS statues were nice, but I only have room for only so many lines. TCATS don't make it, but MK definitely does....at least the MK9 line does.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #669
Erihppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes, partially, for TCATS. That is surely not the case with MK9. Not enough people pre-ordered Tygra from SS, and thus did not have enough pre-orders to continue production.

However, if he released it directly via PCS like he did with Reptile, at the edition sizes he does now, I have no doubt we would still be seeing the TCATS statues.

Personally, the TCATS statues were nice, but I only have room for only so many lines. TCATS don't make it, but MK definitely does....at least the MK9 line does.
Interesting.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #670
Erihppas

As far as the Sub-zero ice base is concerned... I don't like it. I love the look of the translucent resin but the design of the base isn't to my liking at all. Plus I dont feel it complements the statue well.