Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2019, 06:01 AM   #2901
Abbottaker
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Both reg and Ex on WL.... Is that possible or just fake sellout?
Imho possible.
Ppl just want to add her to their X-Men collections.
Abbottaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:37 AM   #2902
Demona
Martian Manhunter

They didn’t make that many of this statue, relatively speaking, so I could see this being a true WL situation.

Though what pics people are looking at to make them want this statue is beyond me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #2903
Foxgod
Justice League

I would have bought her if i didnt have a Psylocke yet, despite me wanting the NYCC portrait instead.
But since i have the Comiquette Psylocke already, and not getting the portrait from the unboxing video, which i expected, i decided to pass.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #2904
Foxgod
Justice League

I would have bought her if i didnt have a Psylocke yet, despite me wanting the NYCC portrait instead.
But since i have the Comiquette Psylocke already, and not getting the portrait from the unboxing video, which i expected, i decided to pass.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:11 AM   #2905
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Portrait looked bad in the review, and people were slamming it in the comment section, i was surprised to hear MCE himself say he even thought the portrait was elongated and looked alien.

SS should be ashamed of themselves for replacing a phenomenal portrait with that wreck. The whole time i was watching i just kept thinking about how great the original would've looked.
I'm curious as to why you were surprised. MCE calls it as he sees it. He'll even criticize custom statues he gets which I think is rare for people in this hobby.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:14 AM   #2906
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I'm curious as to why you were surprised. MCE calls it as he sees it. He'll even criticize custom statues he gets which I think is rare for people in this hobby.
I personally love that about some reviewers, including MCE and Gem Mint. Let's be real here, instead of some of these fake people who "love" everything and make excuses for design flaws or poor artistic choices.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #2907
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
You got the portrait from the unboxing, it just wasn’t what you expected. Nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong.
And an apology would be nice, for everyone you lashed out at defending the production now that you see we were right..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I haven’t watched many of MCE reviews and the alien bit, i thought that was only a forum joke.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #2908
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
You got the portrait from the unboxing, it just wasn’t what you expected. Nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong.
And an apology would be nice, for everyone you lashed out at defending the production now that you see we were right..

I haven’t watched many of MCE reviews and the alien bit, i thought that was only a forum joke.
The portrait from the unboxing is the NYCC portrait, its not the portrait from the last CC.
When a company does an unboxing, it must contain the product that will go on sale, which in this case, it didnt.

Theres plenty of side by sides that show that the NYCC does not have an elongated face.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #2909
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
They didn’t make that many of this statue, relatively speaking, so I could see this being a true WL situation.

Though what pics people are looking at to make them want this statue is beyond me.
I'd hypothesize that SS simply cut their losses and made very few of these. I've never seen a release hit waitlist for both the EX and REG so quickly in a long time...probably never.

If enough people jump on the waitlist they'll make another batch. Usually how these things go.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #2910
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I personally love that about some reviewers, including MCE and Gem Mint. Let's be real here, instead of some of these fake people who "love" everything and make excuses for design flaws or poor artistic choices.
Make sure you tease Gem about selling his statues. He loves it.

Quote:
Well, there's people here who are also in the Facebook groups and the chats. Also anyone can read what we say here. I was a lurker before joining.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote