Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #811
FROBAY
Phoenix

Guys, I think that is just a lighting and color problem with the pic. I saw her and she is just gorgeous.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #812
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, its supposed to ship right after the Con. I have high expectations on this one but I also have a lot of faith in GG so I think they will deliver. No matter how it turns out though I'll be sure to share my thoughts and pics with everyone here.
Sounds good. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your review.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #813
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Think the photo on the left has been altered. Don't think the colors actually look like that.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #814
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
WAY different.
UGH!

In all seriousness, this is a travesty. That is not what was solicited and the difference is staggering. One is absolutely beautiful, the subtle paint application makes the skin and make up look perfect, the other I will just bite my tongue and not say anything else. This should not happen. When a company solicits something, they should try their best in their power to honor it.

If I had ordered the exclusive, I'd be pissed. This had better not happen to any of the production pieces, be it exclusive or variant. That's a lot of money for a statue that has paint not looking the way it should.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #815
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I would think, given the collective experience of the community here, people would know better than to rush to judgment over a few pics in poor lighting.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #816
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I would think, given the collective experience of the community here, people would know better than to rush to judgment over a few pics in poor lighting.
Yes, but fair's fair - people are now commenting on the actual piece shown by GG at SDCC and not just on the photoshopped/CGI images on their website.

Even with better lighting and a better camera, I don't think she's going to end up looking anything like the one on the right.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #817
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I say this all the time, companies are not doing themselves any favours when they draw customer money based on prototypes they must know they'll never achieve. It's almost false advertising.

However, let's not ignore the fact that some people may WANT this line to fail and will therefore stop at nothing to highlight every flaw they perceive they've found. Yes, there is clearly a difference between the proto and production, but it isn't 'end of the world' difference. She's got more of a tan, and her eyes seem (strangely) more 'alive' than the prototype. The production piece seems to have more character than the prototype, which looks quite distant, and well, statuesque.

You can make arguments to justify both, which to me says they're both good renditions of the concept.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:32 AM   #818
TheAnswerMVP
Doh!

She's a two face! Just like on Seinfeld it all depends on the lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeUrC2gR30
TheAnswerMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #819
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
WAY different.
REEEEFUUUUND!!!!!!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #820
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You guys are using the wrong pic from GG to compare. The largest image around the variant's pre-order time was this one I attached. I had to re-size it for the forum. Originally it was 1172 x 2048. Anyway, if you look closely at the one on the top left, especially notice the face and the eye direction. You can see the one at SDCC is the same. The close up with the overly done lips seems to be the touched up image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whisper_SDCC_Bond_Variant_Gentle_Giant_01.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	674.4 KB
ID:	79562  
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote