Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #2581
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thanks for the photos!

I love the face sculpt, but it just doesn’t scream southern belle. I always pictured rogue to be a southern belle that’s a bad ass.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #2582
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Double double with fries, animal-style.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #2583
savage.CAP

Valderen, how is the scale with other sideshow pieces?
Old 05-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #2584
Valderen
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Valderen, how is the scale with other sideshow pieces?
The only thing I collect is Court of the Dead, this is the first Marvel piece so can't really compare. The CotD pieces are usually bigger than most Marvel pieces.

That said, the base is huge, the largest in my collection, and while the character itself isn't that big, her pose which is very horizontal rather than the usual vertical and the pillar with the saw makes for a piece that has a lot of volume overall.

She's very impressive. I think she looks bigger than she is if that makes any sense.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #2585
majormaxim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Valderan. How did your collector's ed portrait come out?
majormaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #2586
Valderen
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormaxim View Post
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Valderan. How did your collector's ed portrait come out?
She came out great too for the regular portrait, but I will never display as I like the exclusive far more, not necessarily because it's better but because it's more Rogue to me.

Just a note, the lightning isn't great because it's late. There are no issues with the paint on the right eye, it's just shadows.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:19 PM   #2587
majormaxim

She looks great, congrats man =)
Old 05-27-2019, 10:19 PM   #2588
majormaxim

=)

Last edited by majormaxim; 05-27-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Dupe
Old 05-27-2019, 10:28 PM   #2589
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
The only thing I collect is Court of the Dead, this is the first Marvel piece so can't really compare. The CotD pieces are usually bigger than most Marvel pieces.

That said, the base is huge, the largest in my collection, and while the character itself isn't that big, her pose which is very horizontal rather than the usual vertical and the pillar with the saw makes for a piece that has a lot of volume overall.

She's very impressive. I think she looks bigger than she is if that makes any sense.
I assume that's the 12" turn table she's sitting on? Looks like a perfect fit.

What makes this piece so heavy? From what I've read the shipping weight is close to 30 lbs?! Is the entire saw arm and base made of metal or something? The base sure does't look that thick at all.

I too collect mostly CotD pieces but this one intrigues me. Will you be getting any of the other new X-men pieces to display with her?
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #2590
Valderen
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
I assume that's the 12" turn table she's sitting on? Looks like a perfect fit.

What makes this piece so heavy? From what I've read the shipping weight is close to 30 lbs?! Is the entire saw arm and base made of metal or something? The base sure does't look that thick at all.

I too collect mostly CotD pieces but this one intrigues me. Will you be getting any of the other new X-men pieces to display with her?
I’m not planning on getting any other x-men to go with her. She’s just a one shot for me. She was always one of my favourite character, and the way they did this piece where she’s flying is simply mind blowing to me, it’s simply amazing. The only character I might ever consider would be a Gambit companion piece, not just a Gambit but one specifically made to be displayed with her.