Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2019, 08:08 PM   #3061
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I will be. Aside from it being broken I’m happy Rogue herself, the heads and the body, look great. I’ll definitely be displaying the Exclusive head.

And man that SM2099, that’s one I wish I would’ve jumped on instead of hesitating and waiting for it to sell out. Nice that you have that one!

You’ll be ok. It seems most people made out good with this. It’s not often I’ve gone 2 statues in a row without issues and my last thing from them, Miles Ex, was great. I know many never have issues but my personal experience is all I can go by and with me sideshow has F’d up a lot.
Catwoman blotchy head paint, cross eyed, chipped boot
Batgirl cross eyed
Old Psylocke paint cracks like everybody else
Old Rogue head issues like everybody else
Black Widow large paint glob between breasts
Hawkeye sloppy paint, decal on base was mis-cut so the statue had a slight lean
Storm broken hair
Spider-Woman, thing had only 4 pieces and not a single one came out correctly, plus the base was warped to a dome shape so I could literally spin her like a dreidel
Hulk torn fabric
Wonder Woman cross eyed
Superman didn’t fit into the base. Replacement base didn’t fit either
Old Batman broken cape and ripped belt
Apocalypse rusted cables like many had
Captain America Allied Charge crooked stripes on torso

Some things I got replaced, some things I returned, some things I ignored. I’ll make out good with this Rogue though.
Good list, I had the exact same with spider-woman, rogue, psylocke, ww other issues, Catwoman, etc.. At these new prices, this should not happen.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #3062
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Good list, I had the exact same with spider-woman, rogue, psylocke, ww other issues, Catwoman, etc.. At these new prices, this should not happen.
Exactly. Much of what I’ve experienced were the same issues a lot of people had with those pieces so I’m not special on those. But even overall good pieces like Storm, Cap, Batgirl, Hulk and even this Rogue, somehow I’m still in the minority of those who got broken or sloppily painted crap (forgot about Harley Quinn on my list, mine was crossed eyed). I almost feel bad having made so many replacement requests but then again I didn’t send all that stuff to myself, I should get what I paid for.

Anyway, I’m really impressed with Rogue herself. I keep wanting to take her out of the box and display her. All I can do is look at her lay in the box and I’m not going to keep doing that to myself lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:39 AM   #3063
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Exactly. Much of what I’ve experienced were the same issues a lot of people had with those pieces so I’m not special on those. But even overall good pieces like Storm, Cap, Batgirl, Hulk and even this Rogue, somehow I’m still in the minority of those who got broken or sloppily painted crap (forgot about Harley Quinn on my list, mine was crossed eyed). I almost feel bad having made so many replacement requests but then again I didn’t send all that stuff to myself, I should get what I paid for.

Anyway, I’m really impressed with Rogue herself. I keep wanting to take her out of the box and display her. All I can do is look at her lay in the box and I’m not going to keep doing that to myself lol.
I had sloppy paint on my hulk pf as well. It had scratches and missing paint apps all over the legs mostly. I’m a person who don’t care about neck seams at all. But The neck seam was not even fitting correctly with a massive crooked gap. Same with the ex crock. But aside from qc, the feeling stinks when you get a statue you really like and have to leave it in the box for another 1-3 weeks while seeing pics online. Could be worse, remember spider woman, Ayala was 6 months wait for replacement parts.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #3064
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hmm.. new feature? or I just haven't seen it done much... apparently you can upload your pics directly on the SideShow site as done on Rogue:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300687
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #3065
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

double post... consistently happens when there is a server delay so I'm guessing it did a retry out of order...

curious if the owner of this forum has researched the Doublepost Prevention feature in vBulletin?
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #3066
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't know why people bother editing the double post.....give them an incentive to actually fix it and let all those double posts keep showing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #3067
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't know why people bother editing the double post.....give them an incentive to actually fix it and let all those double posts keep showing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #3068
nearmint
Phoenix

It’s been going on so long now. Doesn’t seem like any effort is being made to fix it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #3069
nearmint
Phoenix

It’s been going on so long now. Doesn’t seem like any effort is being made to fix it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #3070
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
double post... consistently happens when there is a server delay so I'm guessing it did a retry out of order...

curious if the owner of this forum has researched the Doublepost Prevention feature in vBulletin?
According to Danny there isn’t any support available for vbulletin anymore. We have the last version apparently.