Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #2631
built2shred
Phoenix

Going through my closet I did have a blue Batgirl after all, after inspecting it I have the same problem with the gold paint bleeding. This is a sealed box that's never been opened and stored dry AC house. The gold is bleeding on her boots..

I looked at my black version of Batgirl and her gold paint is fine, it seems to be a darker gold then the blue version which tells me they used a different gold paint on her.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #2632
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

@built2shred

it's only the start - I'm sure all parts that is painted gold will now be sticky and in due time even it's in a sealed box - the gold color will keep on bleeding - well up until you wipe it off - but I'm sure it will never dry up as all blue batgirl sealed or non-sealed will have that problem sometime later on as posted by other users on past post/threads.

This is really a pain to see esp. this figure is a bit rare now and prices are starting to climb up on ebay and other sites.
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #2633
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't know a lot of about painting or anything but I wonder if a sealant could be used to spray over it once it's cleaned?

Or would it be better to have a professional painter strip the gold off and repaint it... I'm not sure how hard it is to paint on PVC.

I'll defiantly be going through my collection of Bishoujo's very carefully to make sure this is the only one that is bleeding.

It's really disappointing when stuff like this happens...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #2634
dmist24

Yeah. I really understand what you feel, imagine - an sealed boxed bishoujo and you see it bleeds. You cannot sell it anymore if the buyer knows it - I'm sure he/she will back off.

As for paint - we don't know if it's okay to repaint - well I guess we just have to wait for Kotos reply about this issue.

Someone mentioned - the white/gold phoenix bishoujo does have that issue too but for batgirl blue - I'm sure of it coz of the many owners complaining about it.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #2635
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The gold paint bleeding happened in my Emma Frost Bishoujo.. the gold x-emblem bleeds and it slowly scattered on her cape, but I was able to clean it, though the gold paint fades..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #2636
dmist24

tsk.. probably it uses the same gold paint as batgirl blue.. probably old releases have this issue? the ones before batgirl black.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #2637
WantIt_NeedIt
Frackin!

Does koto have plans to do other characters from Man of Steel in the artfx line? I want a zod to display with my Koto MOS but the only thing available that I'd consider is the DC Direct zod sculpted by Gentle Giant and the paint app on the face suuuuucks. Release a zod that is just as awesome as the supes koto!
WantIt_NeedIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #2638
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Hi Gonk,

When should we expect to see pre orders for the upcoming Koto Juggernaut fine art statue?

Thanks!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #2639
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi Gonk,

When should we expect to see pre orders for the upcoming Koto Juggernaut fine art statue?

Thanks!
+1. I can't wait to preorder this villain also.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #2640
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

Hi Gonk,

Has Koto taken notice of the Spider-Woman bishoujo threads asking for her costume to be more accurate in her chest area? http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Mon...lcopy.jpg.html

Hope we can get this small change done
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote