Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #1241
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden View Post
So I wonder what will arrive faster.. the next one of these or the next Sideshow Court of the Dead fig?

And my Walking Dead Darrell and the Wolves exclusive statue has gone from 1st Q 2015 to 2nd Q 2015 to now 3rd Q 2015. UGH.
You would have to give Sideshow at least another year on all their COTD statues to come close to GG's delays.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:44 AM   #1242
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I cancelled Whisper awhile ago. Hope I don't regret it. No regrets now tho.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #1243
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I genuinely wonder what would/will happen when / if this line gets canned. All those people that have sunk money in would demand a refund (of course), but all those retailers would be hit hardest. The hit to the supply chains reputation would be hard as well. I must say, if I were a retailer I would avoid GG products like the plague!!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #1244
grphyx1
Kingpin

you won't. I actually got a chance to see the SDCC red Whisper and it was nice. Not $699 nice, but $350 nice. To be honest i was never into the concept of these characters, they just did not make sense. GG premised them as a team and there was never a cohesive feel. the online comic never happened and it all fell apart from there. However, this is not to take away from the quality that GG does give when items have been produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
I cancelled Whisper awhile ago. Hope I don't regret it. No regrets now tho.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #1245
TechnoDestructo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I genuinely wonder what would/will happen when / if this line gets canned. All those people that have sunk money in would demand a refund (of course), but all those retailers would be hit hardest. The hit to the supply chains reputation would be hard as well. I must say, if I were a retailer I would avoid GG products like the plague!!
I would think it would be the opposite for the retailers. If the line gets cancelled then it's out of their control and they just provide a refund to the customer. If the pieces get released with a small edition size and retailers don't get their orders from distributors, it will be like when Baby Doll got released and everyone will be scrambling for it.
TechnoDestructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #1246
grphyx1
Kingpin

Babydoll is from a movie, these are just random pretty chicks in weird outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDestructo View Post
I would think it would be the opposite for the retailers. If the line gets cancelled then it's out of their control and they just provide a refund to the customer. If the pieces get released with a small edition size and retailers don't get their orders from distributors, it will be like when Baby Doll got released and everyone will be scrambling for it.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #1247
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Babydoll is from a movie, these are just random pretty chicks in weird outfits.
True, but they're both still niche lines. Most of those that purchased the SP girls did so out a love of the designs and quality of the product. A good percentage didn't even like the film. I don't see the HT line being as popular as SP from a sheer volume standpoint but the ES will also be considerably less as that's expected. That said there is a strong demand for high end 1/4 scale statues of sexy female characters so it's likely these will be sought after to a certain extent upon release.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #1248
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Why are these priced so high? Is it because GG's Sucker Punch line was so successful so they figured everyone who missed out would be desperate to drop all their money on these? Or is it because these are all female pieces and GG is aware T&A sells? They're nice pieces of original concepts by the way.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #1249
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The only one worth the retailer asking price to me is Whisper. The details on that piece is spectacular.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:17 PM   #1250
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Why are these priced so high? Is it because GG's Sucker Punch line was so successful so they figured everyone who missed out would be desperate to drop all their money on these? Or is it because these are all female pieces and GG is aware T&A sells? They're nice pieces of original concepts by the way.
None of the above, IMO.

They're priced so high due to the amount of intricate detail and sophisticated fabrication. Not even the Sucker Punch girls were on the same level as what I've seen with Whisper.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote