Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #261
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
When Lara Croft was first conceptulised, I mean that point where nobody had heard of Tomb Raider before, why do you think they dressed her in shorts and gave her overly large breasts? Because theat would aid her in her adventures in Tibet, or maybe give her extra bouyancy when dashing through the canals of Venice?....or could it have been that they realised that sex sells. At some point Lara Croft was just a random game character who Ubisoft were hoping to make $$$ off of.

Why do you suppose most female comic characters from D.C and Marvel are dressed the way they are? Before the comic reading masses embraced them, allowed them to be those characters you "grew up with" they would have been concepts on the artists board, and we can guess why he designed them to look the way they do.

GG have already said they intend to develop these characters into something beyond the sculpted medium...personally, I don't think they need to, these pieces stand up jsut as they are, however, clearly GG has foreseen this kind of response to the line and seem to want to combat it with a multi-media response.

So before casting judgements, why not see where this crazy ride goes, you never know, you might even like it....and if not, well, spend your $$ on something else.
your not getting it. It's more important for a lot of people, like me to have a character in their collection they have a bond with. I don't get why guys especially, collect sexy female characters that have no connection to anything. Well, correction, I know why, but I don't get why spend $250-300+ for it .

Just imagine your girlfriend or wife (if your male) having a bunch of half naked men statues in their home with no connection to anything. I know I would find that weird as hell. I can only imagine what a girl would think in the same situation with a guy that has random, half naked female statues. As men, we know how quickly a woman can jump to conclusions. That's just another reason why I wouldn't get any of these.

Yea, a couple look really good, but there's absolutely no reason to have one in my collection. Hell, even having 5+ half naked, known female characters would prolly scare off most women. That alone, keeps me from getting more then a couple female statues. I think the HT female dolls would be even worse then the statues. I expect to here some backlash from the last few sentences .
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #262
Vracula
Jedi Order

I dont see this any different than what Louis Royo does. It's fantasy art guys, relax.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #263
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post

Just imagine your girlfriend or wife (if your male) having a bunch of half naked men statues in their home with no connection to anything
OH THE HORROR!!!

just imagine waking up to statues of men looking at you and judging your manliness.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #264
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Just imagine your girlfriend or wife (if your male) having a bunch of half naked men statues in their home with no connection to anything. I know I would find that weird as hell.
No lie, I would actually find that aspect of her very intriguing.
Quote:
I can only imagine what a girl would think in the same situation with a guy that has random, half naked female statues. As men, we know how quickly a woman can jump to conclusions. That's just another reason why I wouldn't get any of these.
If someone is worried about scaring their significant other away with something innocent as a statue then there is no future between the two anyway.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #265
Y3E
Gen 13

I'll buy some. Lucky and Whisper looks really nice. Who doesn't like a woman with a big ass gun. The detail on these sculpts are insane and for me that is enough. I don't need background story on them.

I think these will be at least 3 bills.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #266
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
If someone is worried about scaring their significant other away with something innocent as a statue then there is no future between the two anyway.
I agree, most statues or Doll collecting is innocent, but I guarantee most females would not find a large collection of half naked, female pieces to be "innocent". If some of you are married, kudos. There's plenty of reasons I don't collect many female pieces in general, but one's like these honey trap things don't appeal to me at all, regardless how good they look.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #267
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

::SHRUGS:: I still say they are gorgeous & amazing looking statues. Definite BUY here!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #268
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
huge difference between a bunch of random females made for easy $$$, compared to movie or comic book females that a lot of ppl grew up with.
But there are so many women out there available for easy $$$ compared to movie and/or comic book chicks... So about time someone started honoring them for a change.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #269
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Just imagine your girlfriend or wife (if your male) having a bunch of half naked men statues in their home with no connection to anything.
And then she's pissed of because he isn't FULLY sculpted...
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #270
randy_marsh
I am da law!

It they aren't as high as SP line I MAY get a couple of them, I think they are pretty cool for what they are.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote