Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #51
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yeah, I don't think people understand or care that a business's unit cost for an entire run of a statue doesn't carry over to individuals who bought one statue.

Also, back to my other point about forum members being savvy shoppers -- the MSRP for the Tweeterhead Supergirl is $250. Many forum members paid MSRP + tax + shipping. Yet, Ent Earth sold it for as little as $105 + Free Shipping. What's a fair price for it? Forum members who know how cheap it was won't want to pay MSRP. Someone who paid MSRP + tax + shipping won't want to take a huge loss on it, either. Listing on eBay, where the regular has been selling for MSRP, seems much less painful than dealing with a constant barrage of "This was $105 just last month!" messages.
Yeah, I'd never expect regular people to sell pieces at clearance prices. You think a single seller out there was going to match Amazon's insane Wonder Woman Deluxe Bombshell price?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #52
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah, I'd never expect regular people to sell pieces at clearance prices. You think a single seller out there was going to match Amazon's insane Wonder Woman Deluxe Bombshell price?
Plus those huge price drops are Amazon's own fault for hiding products from being searchable on their own website.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #53
nearmint
Phoenix

Just sold my XM Cable on Facebook.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #54
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Plus those huge price drops are Amazon's own fault for hiding products from being searchable on their own website.
yup.. I've picked up a few pieces from some insane Amazon drops.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #55
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Just sold my XM Cable on Facebook.
Smart man! and use "ApplePay"
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #56
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

The HC Realms site (for Heroclix), has a whole trading/selling portion. If you want to buy/trade with someone, you can check on their previous transactions and read the reviews people leave. It makes trading just feel a little safer, but still as part of a community. I would love to see something like that incorporated here as I'd be very leery of purchasing from some poster when there is zero ways to validate their practices.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #57
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
The HC Realms site (for Heroclix), has a whole trading/selling portion. If you want to buy/trade with someone, you can check on their previous transactions and read the reviews people leave. It makes trading just feel a little safer, but still as part of a community. I would love to see something like that incorporated here as I'd be very leery of purchasing from some poster when there is zero ways to validate their practices.
A feedback system would definitely be a plus... They should make this happen. Open it to everyone and add a feedback system. We could have a legit buy/sell forum.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:31 AM   #58
Gothamite
Phoenix

I think there's something flawed with the way the Adamantium system here works. Sellers have to pay a fee to sell, but buyers don't have to pay a fee to look at those threads. There's also nothing preventing people from asking, "Anyone have a _____ for sale or trade?" and receiving PMs in response.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 PM   #59
Davidian
Omega Flight

I've sold quite a few statues/figures on eBay a few years ago, and only had a couple of issues. I typically would use the eBay insurance and take lots of pictures, as I didn't want to go through the annoying hoops of other couriers insurance policies. I sold a statue overseas, which I don't typically do, and of course the buyer said it arrived broken. He kept his statue, got his money, and I didn't lose my money. The last issue I had seemed like an issue with the buyer breaking a part of the statue unboxing it, and then saying it arrived broken. Since I know for a fact that the statue wasn't broken, I gave them a partial refund, while still making a profit on the piece as the value of it at the time of sale was still high. I should have went with my gut and not sold to that person, but I took a chance.

Here I am at a crossroad as I plan on selling some more here in the near future, but what eBay has done with their policies seems to make me apprehensive. I see stuff on the statue bst forums on Facebook, but I just am so unsure of that realm as well.

As far as returns go, in the past I accepted one return, even though I listed it as-is, but eBay wouldn't let me NOT accept the return, which I feel like the buyer just had buyers remorse, as I sold it shortly after and the buyer was completely satisfied.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #60
Gothamite
Phoenix

Bought some stuff recently with these problems:
  • Boxes that were too big for the statues w/o adequate padding
  • Boxes that were too small for the statues!
  • Statues being shipped w/o the plastic bags wrapping each piece inside the Styrofoam
  • Statues that were damaged even though the sellers promised the statues had been carefully inspected

So no, buyers aren't always scammers. Sometimes, sellers really suck, too.