Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #1851
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That’s good people like what they like. That’s most important but.... XM Venom is not over rated it’s the shiz!!!!

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:28 AM   #1852
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

He's a great statue, but I 100% agree that the tongue portrait is way too narrow and he's massively overscaled compared to Spidey and Carnage.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #1853
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m keeping this one and in hand there is not a better Venom. I’ve seen them all except Prime 1 ( talk about out of scale) wait until it’s out.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #1854
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
He's a great statue, but I 100% agree that the tongue portrait is way too narrow and he's massively overscaled compared to Spidey and Carnage.
Yeah he reminds me of Alien more than Venom with the tongue head.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #1855
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I think XM Studios Venom is really overrated.

Pose is generic. The head shape is way too narrow on the McFarlane head and the eyes are way too big. He's over-scaled compared to all the other Villains in the line. The only things I like about that statue is the Eddie Brock head and the paint.

For Carnage though I like XM. This is just one of those rare cases where I prefer the Sideshow one to XM Studios.
I wouldn't say it's overrated because a lot of people don't even consider it the best right now. I think the Brock head is great in person, very unique and well done. The overall quality of the XM helps tremendously and packaging is bullet proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
yep, I hate that head. Took it out for pics, then right back into the box.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #1856
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I wouldn't say it's overrated because a lot of people don't even consider it the best right now. I think the Brock head is great in person, very unique and well done. The overall quality of the XM helps tremendously and packaging is bullet proof.

yep, I hate that head. Took it out for pics, then right back into the box.
I have yet to figure out this obsession many have with XM's packaging. It's not like they place their product in an extra dimensional, gravity negating, alien technology containment unit. It's Styrofoam like everyone else's. They just surround it with a super heavy box, which I personally dislike. Adds expense to the statue. Adds weight to shipping. Adds to likelihood a UPS guy will drop it. I guess I don't need a fancy box because I don't display the box. I'd be fine with just the brown outer shipper if it would save some money. XM has breakages too, but they ship less product so they have less breakage. I own three XM pieces and those three boxes look just like the other SS boxes taking up space in my garage, they just hurt my back a lot more when I have to move them.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:27 AM   #1857
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not happy today guys.

My statue head case off and fell on the ground busting the tongue in two pieces.

It seems they didn’t glue the magnet under the head piece properly and it got loose and fell.

Considering this is a really expensive piece, I’m bummed. ��

Will sideshow support me in this situation with a new head?

Also be careful of this guys. Don’t let it happen to you. Put carpet on the ground.
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #1858
fsdre
Mephisto

Bummer, as i love this statue
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #1859
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
Not happy today guys.

My statue head case off and fell on the ground busting the tongue in two pieces.

It seems they didn’t glue the magnet under the head piece properly and it got loose and fell.

Considering this is a really expensive piece, I’m bummed. ��

Will sideshow support me in this situation with a new head?

Also be careful of this guys. Don’t let it happen to you. Put carpet on the ground.
They better replace it for you. If not, demand they return it and get you your money back. Zero reason anyone here should have to accept their defective statues.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #1860
sonykas
Doh!

Hello I want to acquire this wonderful figure of sideshow venom,but I do not know if it's worth paying an extra money for the exclusive head. It would cost me $ 200 more.
What do you think?
sonykas is offline   Reply With Quote