Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #71
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Does she come with a brown shipper or just the artbox?
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:19 AM   #72
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Does she come with a brown shipper or just the artbox?
Art box only.

If I'm not mistaken GG ships multiple statues per brown shipper. Likely two Michonne statues per. So unless you buy this from a local comic or hobby shop and they just happen to include the shipper you'll likely never see it because no one smart would pay to ship a statue with a shipper that's twice the it's size.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #73
ukshaun
Hercules

My latest acquisition, Michonne from The Walking Dead
More images here: http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...147668&page=12
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:57 AM   #74
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats! Tragically underrated statue. Shame they weren’t more popular and GG seems to have abandoned the line.

I decided to trim back the collection so unfortunately my WD statues had to go. Only had Michonne, Daryl and Rick. I think Michonne was the best of the three but ironically she’s the only one I haven’t been able to offload. Unbelievable how little these fetch on the secondary.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:43 AM   #75
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Congrats! Tragically underrated statue. Shame they weren’t more popular and GG seems to have abandoned the line.

I decided to trim back the collection so unfortunately my WD statues had to go. Only had Michonne, Daryl and Rick. I think Michonne was the best of the three but ironically she’s the only one I haven’t been able to offload. Unbelievable how little these fetch on the secondary.
Rick appears to have held his price, but like you say, the others have crashed in price. Maggie Greene is available for half the price i paid. It is a shame GG have abandoned the line, as there are many other characters that would have been popular.

I've only just finished watching season 6, which was a massive improvement over season 4 and 5. I have season 7 waiting here now
Old 06-09-2018, 05:06 AM   #76
nameivom
The Herculoids

It is a good statue.

I've had all the 1/4 scale walking dead statues at one point. All decent statues. I am also in the middle of season 6 and agree it is better than the previous couple of seasons. To bad Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show next season.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #77
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I've had all the 1/4 scale walking dead statues at one point. All decent statues. I am also in the middle of season 6 and agree it is better than the previous couple of seasons. To bad Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show next season.
The final episode of Season 6 is something else. I've just finished watching episode 1 of Season 7, and it continues directly off the end of the Season 6 final, and it's brutal! possibly offering the most uncomfortable viewing so far.

If i spot Rick for a good price, i'm in. Glenn Rhee appears to be the least interesting when it comes to the paint app. I'm not interested in the busts GG put out. With The Walking Dead still in production, who know's, maybe GG might return to 1/4 pieces
Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #78
Y3E
Gen 13

I bought this statue on sale at BBTS for $144 and it is a great statue. Unfortunately, there was no fabric cloak in the box. I guess there is nothing i can do to get one now?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:45 AM   #79
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I bought this statue on sale at BBTS for $144 and it is a great statue. Unfortunately, there was no fabric cloak in the box. I guess there is nothing i can do to get one now?
I paid Michonne $139.99

plus the dreaded:

Shipping $94.20
Import VAT $44.42
Clearance Fee $15.08 (what's this about - it's a new fee to me?)

Mine came with the cloak, although i displayed the statue without it, as it was difficult to fit and failed to hang in the correct way, due to the fabric not being heavy / soft enough.

Mine never came i with the cat, which appears in some photo's taken at some Con's. Maybe Michonne the production piece never shipped with the cat?
Old 07-23-2018, 10:31 AM   #80
Y3E
Gen 13

I will probably display the statue without the cloak but would nice to have, for completion sake or when I sell it. I thought maybe the EX came with the cloak and not the regular but this is GG and not Sideshow, plus the box says it comes with a cloak

Mine doesn't have a cat either.

BBTS comes through and has found me a replacement cloak. Wow, I am surprised. Happy though.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote