Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #21
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The bad news will be so much for the collectibility of these things. Looks like there will be plenty more of them. This makes me not want to pay 250.00 for any of these ever again. I will just wait for a reissue in time if I can't get it for retail.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #22
ChrisMmmm
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
The bad news will be so much for the collectibility of these things. Looks like there will be plenty more of them. This makes me not want to pay 250.00 for any of these ever again. I will just wait for a reissue in time if I can't get it for retail.
Screw "collectiblity". No one should ever pay $250 for one of these. Remember, these ONLY go for that kind of price because rubes pay the price.
ChrisMmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #23
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMmmm View Post
Screw "collectiblity". No one should ever pay $250 for one of these. Remember, these ONLY go for that kind of price because rubes pay the price.
But that's part of the fun and hunt to collect the items. Even if I have to pay more it's that much more fun to own a htf item. Now I feel bad that I over paid on my X23, and catwoman. Oh well I learn for next time to be more patient.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #24
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I don't mind rereleases, even less so when the item in question was an open edition to begin with.. Granted, I haven't been scr*wed over by one financially.

The thing that bothers me about this is that we have yet to see a painted prototype of Black Canary, who was announced quite some time ago. Not to mention that Jubilee bishoujo all of the Marvel fans have been waiting on. So why, with delays of yet to be released characters, are we revisiting older pieces already? Surely those resources could be put towards speeding up production elsewhere.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #25
qz33
Rescue

A lot of these things are hard to find out about unless you live on this forum. Over time they get even more popular as more people learn of them.

There is no reason something shouldn't be made available if it is possible. The only thing I can understand if it is some custom hand painted job that is so awesome that the production costs really don't warrant making enough for everyone that wants one.

These things are frekkin' mass produced plastic statues! People need to get over themselves feeling special just because they have one and others want one. Find something else to add value to your life.

As much as the Catwoman has been going for and as many as have sold it should have been re-released years ago. And no I'm not just wishing I could find one cheap, I got mine Brand New for $42 shipped.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #26
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Looks like that mass effect blue chick will be reissue soon as well. Most likely anyways. That one I don't want because of the scale no matter the price.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #27
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMmmm View Post
Isn't this dynamic at the core and part of the appeal of "limited edition collectables"? You may be happy that you can now get a character cheap out someone else had a prized and valued piece diminished.

(BTW inferring that others here are "rubes" is not overly endorsed here. Specifically from a relatively light user)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #28
rykerw1701
Justice League

This is a time honored debate about most things collectible. Statues, action figures, comics, etc. I'm alright with the reissues so long as they're distinguished as such, even if it's a minor difference like a stamp on the bottom. While I admit to mentally keeping score about the worth of some of my stuff, that which I love I love because of the piece, not the ebay value. The only time the resale value plays a part is when the prices get really high, assuming I know it, and I have to decide if it's worth keeping the piece or if I'd rather have the cash or cash towards more stuff. But that seldom happens.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #29
qz33
Rescue

Yeah but "collectible" really just means something suitable for a collection which is really just a group of things brought together usually have some sort of appeal.

Everything is limited. Being limited per se for an expected oversized increase in monetary value is not overly endorsed by many here.

Kinda comes down to the benefit of many vs. the detriment of a few.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #30
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Koto has a long history of re-releasing their ArtFX and Bishoujo statues. And it's fine, because they never number these statues or make any claims about them being strictly limited products never to be reproduced by the hand of man again. They're intended to be more mass-market products than, say, Bowen or Sideshow statues. So you have to take that into account when deciding whether it's worth paying $200-300 for a 10-inch PVC statue.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote