Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
HieroJux
Birdman

Koto mystery box is back

Koto just started selling a DC and Marvel mystery box for a limited time. For $99 you get some random Koto merch value at at least $150. Well, that's what koto says anyway. I just got one and I'm less than thrilled. Not that the products aren't cool but I gotta say the value proposition is not quite there.

So for my $99 I got a Jubilee Bishoujo (which of course I have already) A Marvel Now Artfx+ Iron Man and a Artfx+ Super Powers Flash (which I happen to hate). They also threw in a Batman Li'l Gotham mini figure blind bag. So I have no issue with getting products at I don't really like given that it's a mystery box and those are the breaks. My issue is that I can buy these things on Amazon right now for $115. Of course the whole reason Koto does these mystery boxes is to clear inventory that isn't moving and I knew that before buying it, so I'm not saying I was ripped off or anything but all the same, I'm not thrilled.

I think they're gonna be doing other mystery boxes soon so maybe their will be a theme to one that will be a better value proposition for me. Anyway, did anyone else get one? What do you think? Wanna trade statues?
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I was wondering how these would turn out. As expected, I guess. Yeah, they don't take secondary market prices into consideration...just retail. As far as that goes, it's a decent deal.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #3
dechirico7
The Flash

I bought one Thursday. I am still waiting for mine. I don't expect to get a bishoujo I don't have since I have most of them. I was kind of hoping it would be left over SDCC stock.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:02 PM   #4
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thanks for the Info HieroJux!

I was curious and was going to buy the Koto Mystery box.I had to stop myself. I have most of the Bishoujo line and all the Artfx+ I want.If it included an ArtFX maybe. I would be buying something I already have in my collection.

I was curious what was in the Koto Box and I glad someone posted. I'll kick myself if someone gets an oldie like a Rogue bishoujo for example.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
Koto just started selling a DC and Marvel mystery box for a limited time. For $99 you get some random Koto merch value at at least $150. Well, that's what koto says anyway. I just got one and I'm less than thrilled. Not that the products aren't cool but I gotta say the value proposition is not quite there.

So for my $99 I got a Jubilee Bishoujo (which of course I have already) A Marvel Now Artfx+ Iron Man and a Artfx+ Super Powers Flash (which I happen to hate). They also threw in a Batman Li'l Gotham mini figure blind bag. So I have no issue with getting products at I don't really like given that it's a mystery box and those are the breaks. My issue is that I can buy these things on Amazon right now for $115. Of course the whole reason Koto does these mystery boxes is to clear inventory that isn't moving and I knew that before buying it, so I'm not saying I was ripped off or anything but all the same, I'm not thrilled.

I think they're gonna be doing other mystery boxes soon so maybe their will be a theme to one that will be a better value proposition for me. Anyway, did anyone else get one? What do you think? Wanna trade statues?
LMAO

The way you explained it is exactly how I would've felt.

Its a gamble not worth taking unless there was a chance of some rarer sold out pieces in the mix.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #6
llama
The Spirit

If you want to know what's most likely to be in the box just check around to see what is marked down or on clearance.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:49 PM   #7
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I bought one Thursday. I am still waiting for mine. I don't expect to get a bishoujo I don't have since I have most of them. I was kind of hoping it would be left over SDCC stock.
Update us when you get yours and let us know what you get.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #8
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
LMAO

The way you explained it is exactly how I would've felt.

Its a gamble not worth taking unless there was a chance of some rarer sold out pieces in the mix.
I totally agree. I got into collecting these kinda late and missed out on some good pieces like the X-Men DRS. They should throw in something rare and add something they wanna move so more people get in on this.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #9
dechirico7
The Flash

Why would they include something rare? Popular items sell out and become rare. I doubt Koto has any sold out stock. I posted a thread about the mystery box on facebook and people were posting about how nice it would be to get a catwoman bishoujo. Seriously? That is extremely unlikely.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #10
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

Mystery solved -- How to get people to buy products that aren't selling.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote