Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 AM   #1491
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
....and could have easily been one of the best. That one really hurt my heart.
Batman did it for me. What made it worse was the anticipation, the sneaks and teases, seeing how good superman and ww turned out. For a moment i wanted to like batman so much that i started liking it After stepping back for a moment i was able to come to terms that SS botched my favorite character.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #1492
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
There are a lot of creative ssc interpretation I don't like about ssc. Mystique, Poison ivy, Magneto, Captain America & Elektra that have issues. It's lack of listening to their fan base that is disappointing. Then we get great statues like Green Arrow and Wolverine. With statues being so high now, expectation is going to be high otherwise there will be criticism. I believe as fans and collectors, we have every right to point out our frustration of SSC art direction. Art do think the art director needs to be improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
What's wrong with the Captain America? Honestly he looks amazing... what the issue?
Yeah I absolutely love Sideshow's new Captain America. I think it looks amazing. As good as their upcoming Wolverine and Green Arrow statues in my opinion. It could also be because I also already have a more "classic" based Cap in my collection so I'm not disappointed when he's not wearing his more traditional costume. I can see those waiting for a more classic Cap being disappointed though.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #1493
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
....and could have easily been one of the best. That one really hurt my heart.
Same here. I'm in dire need of a 1/4 fully sculpted classic Cap. Don't like either of XM's Caps and was really hoping to get a classic Cap PF. After a 10 year wait, I realize that's just wishful thinking now.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:50 PM   #1494
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:55 PM   #1495
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post

Interesting to see that you can fudge with the cape's positioning around the shoulders but it unfortunately doesn't entirely mitigate the hunchback look. Also given that I thought the wired / billowing cape was one of the most interesting parts of this piece it's odd that they'd put it down in such a limp boring pose for this display.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #1496
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

This statue is the poster boy for Sideshow's recent desires of overdoing their designs. There is just way, way too much going on here.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #1497
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
This statue is the poster boy for Sideshow's recent desires of overdoing their designs. There is just way, way too much going on here.
Personally I think that honor definitely goes to the recent Captain America but this is a close second.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #1498
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Personally I think that honor definitely goes to the recent Captain America but this is a close second.
Very true. My 2 favorite characters and I have 0 interest in either of them.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:43 PM   #1499
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
yeah, way too busy imo. some nice ideas and good sculpting work but needed to be dialed back a little when it came to the costume
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:45 AM   #1500
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sometimes less is more. Actually a lot of times less is more. Funny how so many 1/4 Batmen have been released but I still don't have that perfect one. That BvS 1/5 piece might be the closest for me funny enough.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote