Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

The painter surfer, I let drod have it because you treat me like I am not your friend.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #22
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

my boys look out for me!
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #23
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
The painter surfer, I let drod have it because you treat me like I am not your friend.
But you are my friend. I only make fun of my friends.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #24
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
I've been purchasing, searching and researching the SW Attakus line. On internet stores and on ebay. Be advised that I have been watching/bidding/following ebay auctions for almost 2 month now, so the prices and info I will give ya are very up to date.
First, let me list the gategories in the SW Attakus line:

****Category 1(The Holy Grail)****
In this category are the more expensive and more difficult to find. Not to mention they look marvelous as statues. The statues bellow are in this list:

* Darth Vader I :
This one it's, IMO, the BEST SW Attakus statue(and the best statue I have). Expect to pay between $1200 to $1500 on this statue in mint/bn condition with COA/Box.

* Yoda I :
$650-$1000

* Boba Fett:
$630 to $1000

* StormTrooper:
$600 to $1000

* Darth Vader II :
$750-$1000

* R2-D2:
$450-$600

* Royal Guard:
$500-$750

* C3PO:
$400-$550

* Jabba the Hut:
$850-$950

* Darth Maul:
$600-$800

****Category 2(The Holy Grail wannabees)****

This category are the statues that are less expensive, but not so much. Great chance to go even higher in price since some of these characters will also play important roles on the next SW movie ROTS.

* ChewBacca:
$350-$440

* Emperor Palpatine:
$340-$450

* Han Solo:
$320-$390

* Jango Fett:
$280-$350

* Obi-Wan:
$300-$360

* Clone Trooper:
$280-$340

* Han Solo on Carbonite:
$240-$300

* Yoda II:
$300-$380

****Category 3(The more common ones)****

Those are less expensive, easier to find statues. Some of those looks just as good as the more expensive and more difficult to find statues, but not in very high demand at the moment.

* Slave Leia:
$200-$230

* Padme Amidala:
$240-$280

* Jawa:
$180-$200

* Luke Skywalker:
$190-$250(PS: I'm not a fan of this one )

* Salacious Crumb:
$150-$180

* Salacious plus Pipe:
$290-$340

PS: All prices listed are based on mint/new statues, with their boxes and COA's.

The best advice I can give ya it's something I couldn't have done myself: Go slow!
Or you will end spending a LOT(and trust me, once you see some of those Attakus SW statues in front of you, you will get hook'd).
Also, research, research and research. If you are a wise buyer, you can buy some of those for very good prices(NOT cheap, but good priced enough to make you feel like you made a very good deal. And will help saving money for future purchases).
After the ROTS release on may 19th, will be a very bad time to buy those, since some of them(or all of them) will probably be priced much higher. So try to grab some now and then wait a little for the hype to go down.

I started to collect them recently. I already got : Vader 1, Vader 2, Darth Maul, C3P0, R2D2(didn't arrive yet), Obi-Wan, Yoda 2, Chewbacca, Emperor Palpatine and Han Solo. I may get Boba and the StormTropper down the road, if I can help myself and not buying when I find one!
Some I got from ebay, one got directly from Attakus(Yoda 2, they have the best price around and you get a full color Attakus catalog), others from a person in this board, but based on the market value on those, I know I picked them at their lowest selling points, which makes me feel good about my purchases. If you have patience, and know when/where to buy, you can do the same. Hope it helps and good luck in your Quest. I couldn't be happier collecting them, even tough my wallet(and some other statues I had to sell) doesn't feel the same.

Thanks cap! I figured someone here probably had done their homework and you have obviously done yours.

Now I just have to take it slow and figure out how/when to begin.

I think I might just start with the Vaders and go from there. Its time to start shopping around.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #25
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
Thanks cap! I figured someone here probably had done their homework and you have obviously done yours.

Now I just have to take it slow and figure out how/when to begin.

I think I might just start with the Vaders and go from there. Its time to start shopping around.
And you're welcome, Monster!
That's a good move and was exactly what I did. I got the Vader's first, then started to go after the ones I liked.
Good quest for ya and keep us posted!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #26
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I have the following and think they look GREAT:

-Darth Maul
-Darth Vader II
-Stormtroopers (two of them)....I have them on both sides of Vader and it looks GREAT.
-Emperor

I just wish they were 1/4 scale to match the other pieces in my collection. They are closer to 1/5 scale.

Keep your eyes open, I may be putting them on ebay soon....not sure though.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #27
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Gruson,
In case you decide to sell one StormTrooper, let me know before it goes to ebay and I may buy it from you.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #28
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

Hows the emperor look up close? I have been debating ordering him but I just cant' decide.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:50 AM   #29
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Emperor is a nice and heavy piece.

While the face is not perfect, he does look better than the pictures. From 5 feet away, he looks very nice. You have to get very close to notice the face is not perfect.

The pose in his chair is very iconic.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #30
ump
U talkin' to me?

Agree!
I have check the shopstarwars.com again,they were sold out the attakus clonetrooper and chewbacca statue in last few days...I think more and more America people start to collect the attakus line,I have contacted to Brian's toys,and they have only 2 attakus darth vader 2 statue left....(it's a my all time favourite character!!!!!!!)
I think the next hot attakus items are yoda 2 ,jango fett and chewbacca statue,yoda and Chewbacca plays a major role in the new movie,and the jango also a great character in star wars universe....(father of the boba fett and clonetrooper!).
the other great items are gentle giant star wars maquette lines-padme maquette is still very hot on market,and the following will be the obi wan and arc trooper maquettes...
all prices are climbing up....how about these items after the 19-5-05??
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
I've been purchasing, searching and researching the SW Attakus line. On internet stores and on ebay. Be advised that I have been watching/bidding/following ebay auctions for almost 2 month now, so the prices and info I will give ya are very up to date.
First, let me list the gategories in the SW Attakus line:

****Category 1(The Holy Grail)****
In this category are the more expensive and more difficult to find. Not to mention they look marvelous as statues. The statues bellow are in this list:

* Darth Vader I :
This one it's, IMO, the BEST SW Attakus statue(and the best statue I have). Expect to pay between $1200 to $1500 on this statue in mint/bn condition with COA/Box.

* Yoda I :
$650-$1000

* Boba Fett:
$630 to $1000

* StormTrooper:
$600 to $1000

* Darth Vader II :
$750-$1000

* R2-D2:
$450-$600

* Royal Guard:
$500-$750

* C3PO:
$400-$550

* Jabba the Hut:
$850-$950

* Darth Maul:
$600-$800

****Category 2(The Holy Grail wannabees)****

This category are the statues that are less expensive, but not so much. Great chance to go even higher in price since some of these characters will also play important roles on the next SW movie ROTS.

* ChewBacca:
$350-$440

* Emperor Palpatine:
$340-$450

* Han Solo:
$320-$390

* Jango Fett:
$280-$350

* Obi-Wan:
$300-$360

* Clone Trooper:
$280-$340

* Han Solo on Carbonite:
$240-$300

* Yoda II:
$300-$380

****Category 3(The more common ones)****

Those are less expensive, easier to find statues. Some of those looks just as good as the more expensive and more difficult to find statues, but not in very high demand at the moment.

* Slave Leia:
$200-$230

* Padme Amidala:
$240-$280

* Jawa:
$180-$200

* Luke Skywalker:
$190-$250(PS: I'm not a fan of this one )

* Salacious Crumb:
$150-$180

* Salacious plus Pipe:
$290-$340

PS: All prices listed are based on mint/new statues, with their boxes and COA's.

The best advice I can give ya it's something I couldn't have done myself: Go slow!
Or you will end spending a LOT(and trust me, once you see some of those Attakus SW statues in front of you, you will get hook'd).
Also, research, research and research. If you are a wise buyer, you can buy some of those for very good prices(NOT cheap, but good priced enough to make you feel like you made a very good deal. And will help saving money for future purchases).
After the ROTS release on may 19th, will be a very bad time to buy those, since some of them(or all of them) will probably be priced much higher. So try to grab some now and then wait a little for the hype to go down.

I started to collect them recently. I already got : Vader 1, Vader 2, Darth Maul, C3P0, R2D2(didn't arrive yet), Obi-Wan, Yoda 2, Chewbacca, Emperor Palpatine and Han Solo. I may get Boba and the StormTropper down the road, if I can help myself and not buying when I find one!
Some I got from ebay, one got directly from Attakus(Yoda 2, they have the best price around and you get a full color Attakus catalog), others from a person in this board, but based on the market value on those, I know I picked them at their lowest selling points, which makes me feel good about my purchases. If you have patience, and know when/where to buy, you can do the same. Hope it helps and good luck in your Quest. I couldn't be happier collecting them, even tough my wallet(and some other statues I had to sell) doesn't feel the same.
ump is offline   Reply With Quote