Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-15-2018, 01:39 AM   #211
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No it isn't an opinion, go compare a vinyl/PVC piece and then a real statue. And yes it isn't as durable as polystone or fiberglass.
So because a diamond is not heavy it feels cheap? And give me an example of why isn't as durable. And dont give me that "heat" bs. Statues aren't meant to be exposed to direct sunlight. I wonder, if a polystone and a vinyl piece falls to the ground, which one would break the easiest? Don't get me wrong, i love the weight and feel of polystone, but i think vinyl is great when it comes to durability, detail and cost. Is just that you ain't giving me solid facts. Give me examples.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #212
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
So because a diamond is not heavy it feels cheap? And give me an example of why isn't as durable. And dont give me that "heat" bs. Statues aren't meant to be exposed to direct sunlight. I wonder, if a polystone and a vinyl piece falls to the ground, which one would break the easiest? Don't get me wrong, i love the weight and feel of polystone, but i think vinyl is great when it comes to durability, detail and cost. Is just that you ain't giving me solid facts. Give me examples.
That is a straw man fallacy. I never said cheap feeling had anything to do with weight alone and comparing to a diamond means nothing(although a heavier diamond usually means more expensive so it's a doubly poor example). Weight can be a factor, but I just don't like the feel of plastic pieces either. Carbon fiber or something that is actually more desirable BECASUE of it's lightweight would have at least been a decent comparison.

I'd much rather have a fiberglass piece like CC blue vs. a plastic one if it were to fall, less likely to break and easier to repair if it does. As for heat, you calling the heat issue BS just illustrates how little you know about the material differences. I suggest doing your own research. It just isn't a great material for high end large pieces like this. Even polystone can have issues in hot/humid climates or even just around HVAC vents, even out of sunlight, where fiberglass would not.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:29 AM   #213
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No it isn't an opinion, go compare a vinyl/PVC piece and then a real statue. And yes it isn't as durable as polystone or fiberglass.
Perhaps a mis-type? Polystone is not durable, I could break dinosaur teeth and spines with a folded piece of paper.
I have done such damage with similar force to my favorite Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus statue.

I have to smash this(attached) in coming weeks, in order to recieve my replacement. It won't be thar difficult since it chips every time the tail is attached (very strong magnet).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault (4).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	116230  
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #214
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
Perhaps a mis-type? Polystone is not durable, I could break dinosaur teeth and spines with a folded piece of paper.
I have done such damage with similar force to my favorite Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus statue.

I have to smash this(attached) in coming weeks, in order to recieve my replacement. It won't be thar difficult since it chips every time the tail is attached (very strong magnet).
A spine tip or small tooth isn't going to be unbreakable in any of these materials, and why would you try to break a statue with a folded piece of paper? Is that some strength test I don't know about? Folded paper can actually be fairly strong, so I don't know what you are saying.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #215
Verdun

Well you know, paper beats rock
Old 08-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #216
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
good one!!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:37 PM   #217
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Hey, if you like playing that with your statues, more power to you.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:58 AM   #218
Verdun

Well I have a polystone statue to break in the coming weeks, if you can devise a test for its durability, I may try it.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #219
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
do you know what vinyl even is? jeez you keep shooting yourself in the foot please, educate me. Why should I be concern about vinyl?
Nothing.

Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #220
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Nothing.

bro, this is vinyl!!! you can't just compare a POP figure with a Prime 1 statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jurassicworld-blue-lifesize-prime1-photo2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	116286   Click image for larger version

Name:	jurassicworld-blue-lifesize-prime1-photo1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	116287