Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrez View Post
I remember coveting the Bowen Batman statue back in 1992 (I think it was) and late his first Captain America and Daredevil statues. I filled a room with display cases then started piling statues into a closet, then beside the closet until, about 2 years ago, I decided that I was done buying/collecting. No more room, no more statues.
No more room, no more statues. That is probably the soundest advice. Sell something to make room if you really want something. Live not only within your financial means but space too.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #22
Vracula
Jedi Order

Google image search brought up Bowens Logan statue back in 2006. Was collecting Spawn and some anime figures before that.

Hobby is getting a tad bit expensive.Plus the selling a piece is a pain inthe ass as an international. I sometimes wish I had not started this hobby but I would have spent tht money on somethin else anyways.

I really cherish the friendships I have made on this forum.This forum and its members are the aingle biggest reason of me still being in this hobby.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #23
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Wow. So, this appears to be a life-long condition. As it has not only been stated here, but also elsewhere, it appears the way to collect is not necessarily what is cool, but what you love...hopefully the two exist as one. I'm currently infatuated with the Prime 1 Arkham Batman (thing of beauty). I'm leaving that one up to the "statue gods;" I have the exclusive on Sideshow's waitlist - if it converts...$1000 including shipping. I would have laughed anyone out of the room two years ago if he or she told me that I would pay that much for a comic book/video game/movie-type statue.
I have to save up for the witcher line from Prime 1..
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #24
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

1 thing i like to collect statues that has just started.. i have to give up on collecting some statues as im too late and its way too expensive on the secondary market.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #25
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Run. Run away. Run as fast as you can. Keep away. Cherish your freedom of miiiiiiiiiiind.....
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #26
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
No more room, no more statues. That is probably the soundest advice. Sell something to make room if you really want something. Live not only within your financial means but space too.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #27
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think (emphasize, "think") I have a certain degree of control when it comes to purchasing. My biggest dilemma is which incarnation of a character to buy. When it comes to 1/5 size or bigger, I believe there should only be one of any character in my collection...however, if my Prime Arkham Batman converts, than I'll already be going against my policy, in that I have already the Sideshow PF Batman.

For those who have been in the hobby multiple years, what do you do when a great, new piece comes out, but you already have an older version of that character? Do you buy regardless justifying it because this is "red/blue suit" Spider-Man versus black symbiote? This is the video game version versus the comic? Modern versus classic? Movie versus comic?
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #28
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It will end when something else in your life becomes more important.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:16 PM   #29
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Use to collect models, was on ebay 14-15 years ago was a polystone model of Darth Vader SSD model. read up what polystone was. I said hey if this material is as cool as resn that my surfboards are made of, this could be cool. So I bought it then went on ebay and found anything that was polystone. Found Transformers statues, GG Star Wars maquettes, then found SSC Speeder Bike PF, had to get that, then SSC SW dioramas, MR models.

First 10 years was awesome, but for about 5 years hasn't been as much fun. Statues, shipping, taxes are just too much, I would say bail now, or just get 1 piece here and there. don't do what a lot of us do and get lots of statues

I stayed in for now by just getting a statue here and there, just getting a few TF statues and couple Robotechs and bail.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:38 PM   #30
Mister H
Green Goblin

It won’t stop for me but I’m slowing way down. Already selling off stuff I have stored but don’t display.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote