Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > The Shifletts

Old 04-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

Monsterpalooza Recap!

Great to see all the forum people and friends at Monsterpalooza over the weekend. Starting with The Kitman! who we had'nt seen in years. It was also cool to see Mattlev ,Scott Whitworth, Fengshuistein, Casey Love,OddFae, Alfred P , Kent Kidwell,Jason Hite,Ahren Gauthier, Morhawkee, Aleister Crowley, Aubriana , Anthony Mestas, Adam 'Kreature Kid' Dougherty, Bryan Wynia and Rey Hernandez .
SPIDERZERO had the coolest zombie herd set up thing I've ever seen, like 21 Days of Monsters he's always doing something new. Dick Smith ,who we don't know and did'nt talk to, but it was super cool just to see him. Jordu Schell had an incredible Michael Jackson head that had to be seen to be believed and generally the mega-booth with all the booth babes. We sent an amrature to him and he did the most amazing little goblin/barbarian, I was shocked at how fast it happenned. Even Sandy Collora popped up and we spoke about the sad passing of Henry Alvarez ,who's name was mentioned many times at this show.
Gabriel Garcia did a panel on Saturday , always nice to see him and Miguel. Chet Zar had a cool booth, The Gnomon Workshop had a nice setup , I saw Monster Man and his "maybe I'll do it better!!" daughter . Talked to Faceoff's Gelnn Hetrick who said he had the DVD so that was cool , also Faceoff's Jerry Malacuso whom we had met before he became all 'hollywood', and Making Monsters Mikey Rotella. Mike Hill is super nice , couple of other brits Sloopy Jon, and Mike Boldwin. Had several beers with Dan Colonna and Steve Riojas, drank whiskey with Dave Igo , hurled by myself. Jesse Forhman, Emily Coleman , Michelle Nyree were some extremely talented girls that had excellent setups, I think Michelle won 1 st place in a painting category. MadMonster Jeremy Pelletier had that great devil dog monster with the girl on it's back.
Weta's David Meng, Mike Mignola, Ryan Kingslien,Jonathon Payne, Steve Wang , Glauco Longhi and his wife all came by the booth.Artist Proof's Paul Komoda and Norman Meyers were right across from us again so that was cool.
Thanks to everyone who came to our panel, and thanks again to Terry and David at Amazing Figure Modeler and Monsterpalooza's Eliot for letting us do it 3 years in a row, we enjoy it and learn stuff from the audience every time. This is a great show , see y'all next year.

Jarrod
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote