Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #91
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anybody know how long it usually takes B&N to drop to 75%? I'm in St. Louis for the next week and the store near me has all the Koto Justice League statues except for Wonder Woman. Wondering if I should pick them up now or gamble that some central Texas B&N's have them when they're 75% off after I get back over there. If nobody knows, I can call my store and report back.

EDIT: Just found Wonder Woman at another B&N not far away. For some reason, the GameStops and B&Ns here are all amazing when it comes to inventory. I don't have nearly as much luck when I'm in Texas.
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #92
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
Anybody know how long it usually takes B&N to drop to 75%? I'm in St. Louis for the next week and the store near me has all the Koto Justice League statues except for Wonder Woman. Wondering if I should pick them up now or gamble that some central Texas B&N's have them when they're 75% off after I get back over there. If nobody knows, I can call my store and report back.

EDIT: Just found Wonder Woman at another B&N not far away. For some reason, the GameStops and B&Ns here are all amazing when it comes to inventory. I don't have nearly as much luck when I'm in Texas.
B&N has been trying different things with their clearance guidelines this year, so the length of time between discount tiers has changed depending on the business quarter. Every three to five weeks seems to be a rough rule of thumb.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #93
destrox76
Frackin!

heypaul what b&n did you go to?
destrox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #94
heypaul

Destrox, if you're talking St. Louis, I went to the one in Ladue. I've had great luck there, including getting the ArtFX+ Kylo Ren for $15 during the last clearance.

By the way, I just called the store they said they won't know when it'll go to 75% until corporate tells them, but, historically it goes to 75% after about a month and this sale started September 10, so we should start checking back around October 10. Pretty much exactly what Gothamite said.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:25 AM   #95
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Armed with my trusty 15% off special (and 50% off clearances), I moseyed into a B&N last weekend and had a look around. Pretty slim pickings, but I did get an ARTFX+ DCEU Aquaman and Cyborg for under $32 each... and for grins and giggles bought a Batman chess set and a book on movie Zombies! Rrrrrrghhh!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gif-zombies-evolution.gif
Views:	1
Size:	954.8 KB
ID:	117621
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 AM   #96
Gothamite
Phoenix

Old 10-04-2018, 01:23 AM   #97
golem216
Frackin!

A number of items just dropped to 75% off online. For some reason, store pickup option keeps giving errors. so I opted to have my item shipped.
golem216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:02 AM   #98
heypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem216 View Post
A number of items just dropped to 75% off online. For some reason, store pickup option keeps giving errors. so I opted to have my item shipped.
Thanks for the heads up! I went to my local store and came away with waaaaay too many Koto statues. Only thing I can say I'm proud of is the fact that I didn't buy the whole Justice League set. Some statues that aren't on sale online are on sale in store, like Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Spider-Man. My store had three Captain Colds, so I might return him, wait for the drop to $2, and see if he's still around then. Wouldn't be too devastated if I missed out on him.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #99
golem216
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I went to my local store and came away with waaaaay too many Koto statues. Only thing I can say I'm proud of is the fact that I didn't buy the whole Justice League set. Some statues that aren't on sale online are on sale in store, like Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Spider-Man. My store had three Captain Colds, so I might return him, wait for the drop to $2, and see if he's still around then. Wouldn't be too devastated if I missed out on him.
I checked a couple stores nearby and the Koto statues appeared to be wiped out and online is mostly sold out now. Inventory claims it is there, but it was in sight, so could be inventory error.

I was hoping to pickup a couple at 75% and then return the other set I bought at 50%, but they were all gone already.

I'm not sure if B&N allows return/rebuy for clearance. I feel like they wouldn't allow it.
golem216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #100
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem216 View Post
I'm not sure if B&N allows return/rebuy for clearance. I feel like they wouldn't allow it.
You gotta be within their return policy of two weeks.