Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Friggin' magnificent.
Took the words right out of my mouth
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #122
aa909
The Green Hornet

I've tried to focus my collection on DC, Marvel and some limited Star Wars, but this will be hard to resist. The pose looks a little strange to my eye, but I need to see it fully painted to better judge how it'll look.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #123
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Sure it has been asked or noted...do they have the ability / license to sell directly to US market?
No one knows 100% for certain. I am pretty certain Europe is on the cannot sell directly to list. If that is the case, it leads me to believe this is not a worldwide license.

Once this goes up for PO we will know 100% because they will mention that in the details. Until that time...I would say no it is not worldwide.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #124
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Anyone estimate when po will be ? Q1 2018 ?
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 AM   #125
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Really looking forward to this piece as I love Narin's work. I just hope the factory can reproduce the paint job as XM specifically outsourced the prototype paint job and wasn't done in house.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #126
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No one knows 100% for certain. I am pretty certain Europe is on the cannot sell directly to list. If that is the case, it leads me to believe this is not a worldwide license.

Once this goes up for PO we will know 100% because they will mention that in the details. Until that time...I would say no it is not worldwide.

Let's be honest, it doesn't usually stop Narin. What are the chances of him selling a small run of these in Kit form I wonder? Or will XM have definitely made sure that doesn't happen?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #127
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Let's be honest, it doesn't usually stop Narin. What are the chances of him selling a small run of these in Kit form I wonder? Or will XM have definitely made sure that doesn't happen?
Narin would never do anything underhand like that. He has even been tight-lipped to his friends so as not to leak anything about progress on this. His attitude in dealing with XM will be honourable & honest.

As human-beings go, he's a special fella - AMAZINGLY talented as a sculptor, sketch-artist and painter, humble, polite, no attitude (unusual for a lot of sculptors) and a wonderful husband, Father etc.

I am proud to call him my friend.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #128
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Narin would never do anything underhand like that. He has even been tight-lipped to his friends so as not to leak anything about progress on this. His attitude in dealing with XM will be honourable & honest.

As human-beings go, he's a special fella - AMAZINGLY talented as a sculptor, sketch-artist and painter, humble, polite, no attitude (unusual for a lot of sculptors) and a wonderful husband, Father etc.

I am proud to call him my friend.

I'm not questioning his integrity at all. I'm just wondering out loud if his collaboration with XM would allow him to sell a few of these in kit form? We've seen sideshow produce a run of his bad bloods which also released as a kit before hand.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #129
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not questioning his integrity at all. I'm just wondering out loud if his collaboration with XM would allow him to sell a few of these in kit form? We've seen sideshow produce a run of his bad bloods which also released as a kit before hand.
Sideshow & XM are totally different scenarios.

Narin had sold 50-80 of his "Bad Blood" kits prior to his arrangement with Sideshow. At that point he stopped selling the kit (part of the contract).

I have no idea of the details in the XM/Narin contract, but would be surprised if he was allowed to sell a kit version. Still - anything is possible I guess. Have XM allowed this with any of their other pieces?

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #130
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

If Narin was contracted by XM to produce a predator ,then that predator belongs to XM and not Narin so Narin can't sell anything.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote