Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-24-2019, 09:57 PM   #661
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So she's creating psionic pink flames? I'm not sure I've seen her do that before in any comic, usually she's associated with real fire.. I get her psionic powers but IMO SS could of come up with a better base to show them. just a personal preference... overall the statue still looks good minus the neck flames on the ex.
Jean’s energy sans-Phoenix in the comics is consistently pink.

In the actual comics Jean herself probably wasn’t depicted with actual flames on panel until Grant Morrison’s run when he retconned her to being an avatar of the Phoenix as opposed to being the Phoenix (the original story), or being replaced by the Phoenix (the 1986 Fantastic Four retcon). This was a specific plot point. And even this was short lived because she died soon after.

And even with Phoenix, it’s the statues, fan art and modern reinterpretations of Phoenix that give her fire. If you type in “marvel Phoenix” on google you’ll see tons of flame images because all of the art will be exactly that: fan art and modern interpretations, barely any actual comic panels of accurate Jean.

Look at the actual 1979/1980 Dark Phoenix Saga and try to find Phoenix using any actual fire. She doesn’t. It’s all pink or yellow energy. No flames. Don’t take my word for it, the actual comics show it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:03 AM   #662
Peedi
The Secret Six

Lol I’m such a nerd
Old 06-25-2019, 02:07 AM   #663
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Lol I’m such a nerd
Yes you are. However, you are also correct. As a fellow X-nerd, I can appreciate that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 AM   #664
French Cancan
Deadman

FIFTY SHAKES OF GREY

Oh come on, Jean, not again! Yes, you are warmly attractive, but I need some rest. Plus, your flames/fire thing sucks!
As Peedi said, it's not even accurate...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #665
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Lol I’m such a nerd
Hahaha. Did you like that new red and blue costume of hers? I really liked it.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #666
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Lol I’m such a nerd
We all are here.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #667
built2shred
Phoenix

So in the statue she's standing in her own psionic flames while real flames shoot out of her neck? the regular statue itself looks fine, I'm just not a fan of the base or ex
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #668
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hahaha. Did you like that new red and blue costume of hers? I really liked it.
I didn’t at first but it grew on me. It’s reminiscent of the Jim Lee costume while being its own thing so I dig it now. It looks good in the image I posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So in the statue she's standing in her own psionic flames while real flames shoot out of her neck? the regular statue itself looks fine, I'm just not a fan of the base or ex
I think part of the problem (aside from giving a 90s inspired Jean any kind of Phoenix flames because that version of Jean was separate from the Phoenix) is that the pink energy is sculpted to look like flames instead of some other form...Bowen handled it well.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:55 PM   #669
Agent_J.Warren
The Riddler

Quote:
I didn’t at first but it grew on me. It’s reminiscent of the Jim Lee costume while being its own thing so I dig it now. It looks good in the image I posted above.

I think part of the problem (aside from giving a 90s inspired Jean any kind of Phoenix flames because that version of Jean was separate from the Phoenix) is that the pink energy is sculpted to look like flames instead of some other form...Bowen handled it well.

Personally, I love everything about the collector piece, no interest in the exclusive.

But check out the seams on this piece, and then look at the new red/blue comic costume. This could very easily be altered to fit her new comic look.

I'm half-tempted to get two, one of them being the exclusive, and doing a custom repaint. A red and deep blue costume would also compliment the fire on her neck and shoulders much more. They've done it with Jean before, so maybe this plan is already it the works.
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #670
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

ES is set at 1,000 EX and 2,000 CE.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote