Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Premium Collectibles Studio

A new era for PCS.

Quote:
This month marks three years since Anthony Adams and Mark Martin took the reigns at PCS Collectibles. In that time they and their team have worked diligently to improve the quality of all PCS products, acquire exciting new licenses and shorten the time between pre-order and delivery.

Like any new venture there have been challenges, but through it all they have pushed through to expand the business into new areas and improve the overall experience for all PCS collectors.

This week PCS is excited to share with you our new logo and company name, Premium Collectibles Studio (or just PCS for short). This announcement kicks off a whole month of exciting news scheduled to be shared throughout September.

Thank you to all PCS Collectors new and old for your input and support!
I think after all the sh!t Mark and Ant have gone through with acquiring PCS...they deserve a fresh start.

They have made good on their promises to get the old stuff out and have given us some amazing ( and delivered quick) pieces from TMNT, Transformers, WWE and more...

Hope they continue to deliver and can't wait to see more personally.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:15 PM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'm encouraged the way things have been going lately.

I like the rename and wordmark logo. The 'oriental lion' (?) is ok... just seems a little irrelevant and unnecessary.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:19 PM   #3
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I'm a fan. The company definitely went into a new era and it seems fair to try to create a new image for them. Logo and name are decent too. I'm a fan of retaining the same acronym. That's a clever way to not confuse longtime fans.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #4
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The name change will take some getting used to but at least it's the same acronym. In all my years collecting I've never had the problems that I've heard from many others dealing with PCS. Besides the ridiculously long wait periods following pre-orders but that seems
to be getting on track now. And if they deliver the new Michael Myers statue in the time frame they announced then this is an entirely new company to me indeed!
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

In general I think a lot of stuff has been positive, but the recent Sakura statue was all under the new ownership and is more "middling" then "premium".
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:49 AM   #6
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I am willing to give this new era of PCS a chance. I like how they come into this forum and comment as well.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #7
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I took the plunge with the new owners. While I liked the old name I can’t blame them for trying to put a new face on it since they are obviously a far superior company now. I have been at least 95% happy with everything and do think you have to give them some space time wise for release dates. I know of no collector business on here that hasn’t gotten delays from covid stuff. That being said new release dates from businesses should be taking some of that into account. There is no excuse for places like EFX.
I also agree it’s cool these guys are so active in community and even take some peoples ideas on making a pre-release better before final versions if they agree with it. I was very skeptical at first but some transformers I have gotten lately had removed that.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:35 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

I like the face. The PCS is slightly difficult to read. The S looks like a C with an under score. The C almost could be confused for an E

I can read this
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:46 AM   #9
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'm encouraged the way things have been going lately.

I like the rename and wordmark logo. The 'oriental lion' (?) is ok... just seems a little irrelevant and unnecessary.
I really like the logo, i think it's good for company to have something recognisable outside of the name...

I can see it printed on the bases, embossed on the styrofoam etc

I think they want an identity that isn't what PCS was and the lion achieves it imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:20 AM   #10
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

I'm excited about the September announcements. Still crossing my fingers for a 1:4 MM Menat statue
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote