Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #251
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi It's Sisko,
Thanks a lot for your incredibly cool and informative videos of the various new XM Studios statues presented on the STGCC 2016; two thumbs up for your time and efforts!
I have seen many amazing statues but conceptually I like this statue of Kingpin best. The fact that he is playing chess with many of the heroes and vilains
we have come to know and love is a great metaphor of the influence this big guy has in the MU and I think this statue would be an excellent centerpiece of any fan's collection.
I have not bought a statue of XM Studios yet due to space limitations but I am definitely considering this piece.

This piece shows that Kingpin is a big boss man who can manipulate people with money or favours but just as much likes to take what he wants by any ugly means necessary.
Violence and brutality are not alien or inhumane concepts to the Kingpin, they are simply a way of living and a means of taking what he wants or what should already belong to him in the first place.

Wilson Fisk:
"I'm not a religious man... but I've read bits and pieces over the years. Curiosity more than faith. But this one story... there was a man.
He was traveling from Jerusalem to Jericho... when he was set upon by men of ill intent. They stripped the traveler of his clothes, they beat him, and they left him... bleeding in the dirt.
And a priest happened by... saw the traveler... but he moved to the other side of the road and continued on.
And then a Levite, a religious functionary, he... came to the place, saw the dying traveler... but he too moved to the other side of the road, passed him by.
But then came a man from Samaria, a Samaritan, a good man.
He saw the traveler bleeding in the road and he stopped to aid him without thinking of the circumstance or the difficulty it might bring him.

The Samaritan tended to the travelers wounds, applying oil and wine. And he carried him to an inn, gave him all the money he had for the owner to take care of the traveler,
as the Samaritan, he... continued on his journey.
He did this simply because the traveler was his neighbor.
He loved his city and all the people in it. I always thought that I was the Samaritan in that story. It's funny, isn't it?
How even the best of men can be... deceived by their true nature."

FBI Agent:
"What the hell does that mean?"

Wilson Fisk:
"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent... who set upon the traveler on a road that he should nat have been on.
"

Great job XM Studios; way to go!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #252
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I agree with Rainer. I actually had asked my guy to PO Kingpin for me but had to pull out for financial reasons. It was the smart thing to do but I can't help but kick myself a little because he turned out even better than I imagined. I can't believe how real those shoes look lol.. like they're polished!!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #253
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Stellar statue IMO. I can't wait to get him.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #254
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I could not agree more with these two fine gentlemen!
Kingpin looks awesome and the level of detail in his chair, shoes or his gold watch is astounding.

I must admit that I am not a rich man so acquiring a statue of XM Studios does require careful financial planning and some financial sacrifices but I am seriously considering to bite the bullet and pre-order this incredible statue.
I always thought my first and only statue of XM Studios would be their Juggernaut statue once they released it but I find this Kingpin statue a very attractive and appealing piece as well.
So far I have not pre=ordered the statue yet but I might be fighting an already lost battle here...

Rainer
Old 10-04-2016, 03:42 PM   #255
MrJones

Rainer, if you do get him, enjoy it for the both of us
Old 10-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #256
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Mr. Jones,
If I decide to buy this statue you can count on it I will definitely write a review about this most notorious and well known crime boss in the MU.

I just checked the website of XM Studios' official distributor in the EU and noticed that the statue of Kingpin costs EUR 960.00 (including VAT) plus shipping.
This is approx USD 1,076.00 plus shipping.

For me this would be a considerable amount to pay for a statue and that's what stopping me at the moment (spending this much on a statue would be like crossing a border I have never crossed before)

I promise to keep you updated though and if I decide to get Kingpin you can expect a review very shortly after I have received him!

Rainer
Old 10-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #257
MrJones

I hear you man, that is exactly why I had to pull out. and $1000 USD translates to about $1300 Canadian. Just couldn't do it.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #258
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi It's Sisko,
Thanks a lot for your incredibly cool and informative videos of the various new XM Studios statues presented on the STGCC 2016; two thumbs up for your time and efforts!
I have seen many amazing statues but conceptually I like this statue of Kingpin best. The fact that he is playing chess with many of the heroes and vilains
we have come to know and love is a great metaphor of the influence this big guy has in the MU and I think this statue would be an excellent centerpiece of any fan's collection.
I have not bought a statue of XM Studios yet due to space limitations but I am definitely considering this piece.

This piece shows that Kingpin is a big boss man who can manipulate people with money or favours but just as much likes to take what he wants by any ugly means necessary.
Violence and brutality are not alien or inhumane concepts to the Kingpin, they are simply a way of living and a means of taking what he wants or what should already belong to him in the first place.

Wilson Fisk:
"I'm not a religious man... but I've read bits and pieces over the years. Curiosity more than faith. But this one story... there was a man.
He was traveling from Jerusalem to Jericho... when he was set upon by men of ill intent. They stripped the traveler of his clothes, they beat him, and they left him... bleeding in the dirt.
And a priest happened by... saw the traveler... but he moved to the other side of the road and continued on.
And then a Levite, a religious functionary, he... came to the place, saw the dying traveler... but he too moved to the other side of the road, passed him by.
He saw the traveler bleeding in the road and he stopped to aid him without thinking of the circumstance or the difficulty it might bring him.

The Samaritan tended to the travelers wounds, applying oil and wine. And he carried him to an inn, gave him all the money he had for the owner to take care of the traveler,
He loved his city and all the people in it. I always thought that I was the Samaritan in that story. It's funny, isn't it?

FBI Agent:

Wilson Fisk:
"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent... who set upon the traveler on a road that he should nat have been on.
"

Rainer
Great quote from the last episode of season one of daredevil on netflix. Love the kingpin
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #259
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi It's Sisko,

Wilson Fisk:

FBI Agent:

Wilson Fisk:
"

Rainer
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:52 PM   #260
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Im rewatching all of DD SEason 1 & 2 currently in conjuction with Luke Cage. DD is such an awesome series. This is like my 4th time watching Season 1....is something wrong with me?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote