Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #1811
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
This maquette is a rough blueprint of what I and many other MOTU fans expect the PCS He-Man PF to look like

Aside from the "doll" hair, it looks pretty good.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1812
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
This maquette is a rough blueprint of what I and many other MOTU fans expect the PCS He-Man PF to look like

You guys are forgetting when you get licenses, there are guidelines to follow according to the company. In this instance, Mattel would probably not approve that since it looks nothing like the Classic, 200X, or movie properties. I don't know what the heck some of you were thinking? It's got to match or roughly bare resemblance to the original....and that does not match.

With that being said, that is a pretty cool Conan. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't know who the F that was if you put it in front of me without saying a word. I might be able to guess He-Man due to the chest plate.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #1813
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Its just a rough maquette..Jerry's version will be much much better...

I was reading a few pages ago and Jerry basically said there was going to be a realistic version of He-Man as well as the filmation version..That way all fans will be satisfied
Sorry but that is so vague I don't even know how anyone can come to the conclusion he is making a realistic He-man.

What I get from that is if he was only stuck to the 1:4 scale, he probably would have passed. That could be referring to him wanting to do 1:1 busts, 1:6 line, etc.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #1814
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Aside from the "doll" hair, it looks pretty good.
Agreed. And as far as people saying He-Man was never depicted in realistic art form..Well they're wrong..there have been world renowned artists who interpreted He-Man in their paintings..here's some MOTO pierces some of my favorites...Vallejo and Norem

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #1815
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You guys are forgetting when you get licenses, there are guidelines to follow according to the company. In this instance, Mattel would probably not approve that since it looks nothing like the Classic, 200X, or movie properties. I don't know what the heck some of you were thinking? It's got to match or roughly bare resemblance to the original....and that does not match.

With that being said, that is a pretty cool Conan. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't know who the F that was if you put it in front of me without saying a word. I might be able to guess He-Man due to the chest plate.

He's saying he wouldn't have paid so much for the MOTU license if he only planned on doing 1:4 filmation style Why is it so hard for you to understand he's implying that he's planning on doing other styles? Sit down and drink your coffee and try to focus..stop being so argumentative all the time just for the sake of arguing
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #1816
loricstone
Kang

Quote:

He's saying he wouldn't have paid so much for the MOTU license if he only planned on doing 1:4 filmation style Why is it so hard for you to understand he's implying that he's planning on doing other styles? Sit down and drink your coffee and try to focus..stop being so argumentative all the time just for the sake of arguing
You did read post 1813 before typing this right?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #1817
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:

I believe this other style was referring to the 1:1 realistic busts.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #1818
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You did read post 1813 before typing this right?
OK why are you casually choosing to ignore the "FILMATION STYLE" part? That has nothing to do with scale..I think he means to do MOTU PF's
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #1819
loricstone
Kang

Truth be told, I don't think anyone knows what the PCS MOTU license fully entails. I don't claim to know for certain, I'm more or less questioning how some come to exact conclusions about what he is and is not going to do.

Whatever is in store, I will wait and see. I like what I see with this He-Man statue and the other 3 designs for the characters so far. Can't wait to see Beastman.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #1820
Batminator
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hercules75:

Jerrys statement might imply that he will do 1:4 non-Filmation style as you so desire, but it might simply imply that he'll make some other scale in non-Filmation style, like the Skeletor bust.

As for the drawings you posted, as nice as they may be, I meant He-Man was not officially drawn like that. Just like the Thundercats weren't officially drawn like the fan art posted above. Sorry for any confusion

loric makes an important point in post #1812.
Batminator is offline   Reply With Quote