Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #191
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Come on collectors 500 for a ex or fail! Can't believe this is not gone yet. I'm waiting for the wl or a coupon. Liked the movie and this a a superb ex!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #192
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

collectors are more selective. Im a SW PF collector only and havent PO's a bunch of SW PF ...simply because they are to expensive and they get cheaper later because of high ES.

Seeing Kylo Ex, First Order STormtrooper EX, Jango EX, Jyn Ex.. all still available.. tells me its smart to wait until they get released and grab them cheaper
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #193
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
collectors are more selective. Im a SW PF collector only and havent PO's a bunch of SW PF ...simply because they are to expensive and they get cheaper later because of high ES.

Seeing Kylo Ex, First Order STormtrooper EX, Jango EX, Jyn Ex.. all still available.. tells me its smart to wait until they get released and grab them cheaper
okie dokie! Thanks for the heads up. This one I really like but the rest of the sw are a sure for less later. But you're right 500 Es and still here. This will be mine one way or another for sure.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:06 AM   #194
Quietstorm
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post

Plus these days Sideshow seem to be releasing what are basically recasts of their older statues with different paint colour and minimal base change. So whats the hurry anymore with this kind of tomfoolery going on.
Quietstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:59 AM   #195
ambasah
Red Skull

I don't think any $500 statues from RogueOne or TFA will be in demand for a long time.

they don't have the emotional attachment of that fan base yet, at least not to the degree the OT had (and hell, even the PT).

when today's kids hit their 30s, we will likely see more interest. I know I would buy almost anything from the OT over these, especially at these price points.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #196
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I don't think any $500 statues from RogueOne or TFA will be in demand for a long time.

they don't have the emotional attachment of that fan base yet, at least not to the degree the OT had (and hell, even the PT).

when today's kids hit their 30s, we will likely see more interest. I know I would buy almost anything from the OT over these, especially at these price points.
Spot on. Yes, RO was good and all, but definitely not OT.

I don't think they will ever replicate that magic.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #197
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Enjoyed TFA, less so RO. I don't feel the need to collect anything from that movie, and not too many things from TFA. OT still dominates my wants.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #198
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I wonder with the popularity of sw will
We ever see a sequel to rogue one? I really hope we can see some of these characters again if we buy a pf on them. Would hate to buy a sw pf and have the main characters die off in one movie. We must get a sequel to rogue one.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #199
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Enjoyed TFA, less so RO. I don't feel the need to collect anything from that movie, and not too many things from TFA. OT still dominates my wants.

Snap, I was disappointed with R1 unfortunately and wouldn't wish to pay todays prices for the PF's even if I did like them from an artistic point of view. The only one I really want form the two Disney movies is the Kylo Ren PF. That is really nice and I've even passed on that so far simply due to the price. Times are changing.

What I'd really like to see while we can still afford some of these things is some Killer characters we haven't seen before pieces such as a Tie Pilot...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #200
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I'm still mostly an OT fan but I do have Hot Toys Rey, BB8, and Kylo Ren. And I have Hot Toys Luke TFA and Rey to pose the hand off of the lightsaber. As for Rogue one I' ve got Hot Toys Jyn and K-2SO. That's probably about it for those movies for me.